Gary Hogeboom on Survivor: Guatemala?!

hardcorebob

Through thick and thin
Reaction score
From NFL.com :

Plus, I love the football twist the folks in the CBS promotions department put on their commercials for Survivor: Guatemala -- tell us Gary Hogeboom is competing. Ordinarily, NFL fans aren't going to tune in to watch a group of unwashed strangers put out tiki lamps and generally traipse around middle Central America, but once you tell me Danny White's backup is involved, I'm hooked. I'll tell you, Richard Hatch might have run around naked and avoided paying taxes, but show me a reality show contestant with 49 career touchdowns and 60 career interceptions in 79 career games and I'll show you a ... uh, reality show contestant with 49 career touchdowns and 60 career interceptions in 79 career games.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
yea I saw the first episode he didnt tell them who he was he is using a false last name and said he was an investment broker

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LOL!!!!!!

Coach Landry is probably flipping summersalts, in his grave, right about now.

Good ole Hogenbloom.

Justis

Reaction score
I wonder if there could be some kind of pass throwing related challenge. No wait, he sucks at that.

Duane

Reaction score
Justis said:
I wonder if there could be some kind of pass throwing related challenge. No wait, he sucks at that.
Mystery Science Theater was the best.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Justis said:

Hogeboom would be money in an event where the survivors are chased by a bear or lion. Gary will be the first to hit the ground and play dead.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
He has been discovered!

One girl from the other tribe does sportstalk radio in Kansas City and knows who he is... interesting to see how it plays out once his jig is up.

heavyg

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
My god you watch the show? lol

Hey!! My wife and I watch this show every season..lol....Kinda got hooked on it.....But really interested in it this year with good ol gary being on it

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
heavyg said:
Hey!! My wife and I watch this show every season..lol....Kinda got hooked on it.....But really interested in it this year with good ol gary being on it

haha I just giving you a hard time man :)

MadCow

Reaction score
Aikmaniac said:
Hogeboom would be money in an event where the survivors are chased by a bear or lion. Gary will be the first to hit the ground and play dead.

:lmao2:
Hilarious!

I still remember the play where he almost gets his head taken off by Mike Singletary as he attempted a QB slide.

ravidubey

Reaction score
MadCow said:
:lmao2:
Hilarious!

I still remember the play where he almost gets his head taken off by Mike Singletary as he attempted a QB slide.
I think that was Pelleur, but the sentiment is noted.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
I think that was Pelleur, but the sentiment is noted.
And it was Otis Wilson that nearly killed ol' Steve, not Singeltary. I didn't think he was going to get up after that one in 1988.

MadCow

Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
And it was Otis Wilson that nearly killed ol' Steve, not Singeltary. I didn't think he was going to get up after that one in 1988.

Are you sure about it being Otis? I was pretty sure that the hit I'm thinking was done by Singletary. If I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time.

joseephuss

Reaction score
It was Singletary. Strong hit, but should have been a penalty because Pelluer started his slide. Didn't really care because Pelluer sucked and then ended up being a Hambrick.

Hambrick: (noun) one who is average at best in talent in their particular field, but show an egotistical attitude as if they were the best at what they did. Notable Hambrick's include Darren, Troy and Freddie Mitchell.