Gary Hogeboom

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
On the show Surviver Gary H. stated that he once passed for almost 300 yards in a single quarter against the Lions.
Dose anyone know if this happened?

I remember him as a player and I remembered whenever he played I would be thinking where is Danny White. I remember he was not good , but 300 yards in a quarter thats impressive....

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
It's "Hogeboom"...

I don't remember any such quarter.

From what I recall, he had a good first game and fizzled out after that...bad move by Landry to let the QB controversy get to the point it did...worse move to choose Hogeboom over White.

Landry loved classic pocket passers...ala Craig Morton. Hogeboom always reminded me of Morton.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I vaguely remember the game. I thought it was 250 yards.

I think this is a summary, but I couldn't find the stats.

Sept. 15, 1985 - The Lions rolled up a 26-0 lead after three quarters and held on to win 26-21 in their home opener. The Lions made the most of five Dallas turnovers (three Danny White interceptions, two fumbles), including three on the Cowboys first three possessions resulting in a 10-0 Detroit lead. Detroit held on despite a ferocious rally by reserve QB Gary Hogeboom, who came of the bench to throw two TDs (both to Tony Hill) and run for a third score in the fourth quarter. Dallas gained 481 yards through the air and outgained Detroit by 354 yards (554 to 200).

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Wow.....I barely remember that game.....but, I did not realize it was that many yards.....it was exciting in the 4th thinking we might luck one out......oh well

Eddie

Reaction score
You sure it wasn't one of Gary's strike games? He had a few good games against the strike players when he went to Indy.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Hogeboom always struck me as a skinny geek.

Never did understand the man-crush Landry had on Craig Morton and later on, Gary Hogeboom.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I have watched every episode of Survivor this time just because he was on it.

I must say he has looked clumsy and unathletic, where he should be wiping the floor with some of these people, even though he is older. He lost a throwing challenge tonight.

But there again, I guess I should not have been surprised.

MissionCoach

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I have watched every episode of Survivor this time just because he was on it.

I must say he has looked clumsy and unathletic, where he should be wiping the floor with some of these people, even though he is older. He lost a throwing challenge tonight.

But there again, I guess I should not have been surprised.

You said a mouthful...on top of it, he was beat out by a couple of girls in the arrow tossing challenge!

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
Yeah, if ever there was a challenge custom made for a former qb, tonights was it.

Gary stunk it up.

I figure he'll be gone next week but you never know.

DandyDon

Reaction score
leonargized said:
On the show Surviver Gary H. stated that he once passed for almost 300 yards in a single quarter against the Lions.
Dose anyone know if this happened?

I remember him as a player and I remembered whenever he played I would be thinking where is Danny White. I remember he was not good , but 300 yards in a quarter thats impressive....

This happened the first game of the season in 1989 against Detroit when he was with the Cardinals under head coach Gene Stallings.