Video: GBN: Dontari Poe and biggest needs left to address

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are they ever truly honest about injured players though? No way.. Put the blue koolaid down bruh....:laugh:
Well based on what’s going down with Fredericks and them drafting McGovern last year and re-signing Looney? They were honest about him.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Given the uncertainty of LVE I’m gonna say LB is now the biggest need...

Over a #1 caliber CB?

I'd say
CB, 3rd WR, and Safety are our biggest needs. I'd also rank DT, DE, and TE as bigger needs than LB right now. Majority of defensive snaps are 2 LB's. I'm hopeful that LVE can play, but we can get by with Jaylon, Sean, and Joe Thomas. Our Cornerback position is going to get us beat.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Demarcus Lawrence, Joe Jackson, Randy Gregory, Dorance Armstrong...and Michael Bennett/Tyrone Crawford?

Mix in DT Antuan Woods and DT Trysten Hill...and that provides a 10 player positional defensive lineman group.

(McCoy and Poe)

Poe will now squeeze between Lawrence and McCoy, and the Cowboys will dare opposing offenses to try and run the ball -- or pass it, for that matter. New defensive coordinator Mike Nolan plans to run a hybrid scheme in Dallas, and the talent he and McCarthy have brought in give him the ability to do just that.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-poe-further-beefing-up-their-defensive-line/

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
The biggest hole left to fill now (if they sign Poe) is at right defensive end. Wouldn't mind a long term answer at Corner or Safety, either.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Well based on what’s going down with Fredericks and them drafting McGovern last year and re-signing Looney? They were honest about him.
A trade back and take the LSU center/guard.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
Is it me or does the one guy have a good bit of LSU lunacy going on with talking about drafting the rush end from LSU who just had his best season of his career and only had 6.5 sacks. Why in the world would they want to draft that limited of production.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Over a #1 caliber CB?

I'd say
CB, 3rd WR, and Safety are our biggest needs. I'd also rank DT, DE, and TE as bigger needs than LB right now. Majority of defensive snaps are 2 LB's. I'm hopeful that LVE can play, but we can get by with Jaylon, Sean, and Joe Thomas. Our Cornerback position is going to get us beat.

Oh yeah I forgot about DE, replacing Quinns production is our top need. If we can finish building the d-line cb won’t be such a need...

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Biggest needs left are DT, CB, DE, LB, S, rinse and repeat, C/OG, OL, WR, TE, and then start from the top with UDFAs.

You will have 2 CBs coming to the end of their contracts with only veteran Anthony Brown signed over 2 years.

I would stop playing around with drug heads (Gregory, Irving, etc.), stop trying to sign the mental ill (Griffin), and trade up for the no.1 pick in the draft getting to the Detroit or Giant selection, trading out that pick to no.1 pick, and draft Chase Young (Jimmy did it in 1992). Stop the B.S. and get a Jerry The Dumbo GM Jones a real "War Daddy". With whatever is left in draft picks, see the above needs, draft, rinse and repeat.