Twitter: Gehlken: This is how the Cowboys envisioned the last play of the game going

khiladi

Reaction score
This ref was in front of the play, set the ball, and moved into position still in front of the ball. Why was our ref way behind the play? There had been a timeout and just a short run. I don’t get that.

He blew it, that’s why….

Praxit

Reaction score
...the refs didnt commit 14 penalties. ..lol.. Commit only half and we probably win the game.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I disagree. Besides it being a dumb play call - Dak didnt look for the ref afterwards. And you dont leave it up to the ref at the end of the game. There was 14 secs left. Things happen. You cant blame the ref. The team (offense mostly) played like crap the whole game. I could careless about the ref not getting it set in time

Did you watch the play in the OP? Handing the ball to the ref is not a requirement.

Zman5

Reaction score
The RB gave the ball to the center and as the center was getting set the ref came and touch the ball. From this video, it's obvious that it's not a requirement to give the ball to the ref after the play. All that matters is the ref has to touch it before the next snap.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We we already close enough for one and possibly two passes to the end zone. Was Dak not capable of making that throw? Seemed like a bomb this year was 20-30 yards downfield. Tried to find the splits on air passes by distance thrown, but ESPN no longer includes that data in their set and I haven’t found a replacement site yet.

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak should have told him that they were running that play so he could have been prepared IMO

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
McCarthy said the right thing afterward which shocked me wasn’t in place before hand - have a set yardage your getting to and get down. Don’t just run until you get stopped