General NBA Discussion

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
The Mavs, Spurs and Lakers all have their own thread. And it seems like the general NBA discussion takes turns in each of those three. But with the playoffs around the corner, and with fans of other teams (Thunder Up!) wanting to discuss things not Mavs/Spurs/Lakers related, I thought I'd start an NBA General Discussion thread.

To start things off... In the wake of Russell Westbrook's ridiculous slam over Asik yesterday, where do you rank it with the year's best dunks? Is it the best one, or is the Blake Griffin over Perkins still #1? Or maybe LeBron James and his over the back on Lucas?

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4490518 said:
The Mavs, Spurs and Lakers all have their own thread. And it seems like the general NBA discussion takes turns in each of those three. But with the playoffs around the corner, and with fans of other teams (Thunder Up!) wanting to discuss things not Mavs/Spurs/Lakers related, I thought I'd start an NBA General Discussion thread.

To start things off... In the wake of Russell Westbrook's ridiculous slam over Asik yesterday, where do you rank it with the year's best dunks? Is it the best one, or is the Blake Griffin over Perkins still #1? Or maybe LeBron James and his over the back on Lucas?

Not sure if srs. Griffin was easily #1. Westbrook's was nice though. I'd say he was #3.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
MC KAos;4490543 said:
for me the gerald green dunk the other night vs the rockets was the best. it wasnt dunking on anyone, but it was an alley oop, windmill dunk with his head clear of the rim! pretty sick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFqwcIwZmZo&nomobile=1
Wow, I don't know how I missed this one... it's really good too. Of course, the ones that have someone posterizing another player are always gonna get more love, but that one was pretty great as well.

Cowboys&LakersFan said:
Not sure if srs. Griffin was easily #1. Westbrook's was nice though. I'd say he was #3.
Even as a Thunder fan, I actually agree with you. I'd still put Griffin's as #1. That said, I was being serious-- there's a ton of commentators who are saying that Westbrook's now rivals it as the best of the year.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Props to the Rockets and Grizzlies for their wins tonight........Spurs gained a game in the loss column on both the Bulls and Thunder.

Also, the Mavs are getting beatdown by the Clippers. :D

Reaction score
Biggems;4491031 said:
Props to the Rockets and Grizzlies for their wins tonight........Spurs gained a game in the loss column on both the Bulls and Thunder.

Also, the Mavs are getting beatdown by the Clippers. :D

That's not a good thing.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4491039 said:
That's not a good thing.

Not for the Lakers, but I dont give a rats backside about you guys.......hehehehe....I wearing my Silver and Black goggles while being punch drunk on the Spurs Kool-Aid

Reaction score
I honestly think the Grizzlies would beat the Thunder in a series. They almost did last year and they were missing Gay. Now they have him and they are just a matchup nightmare for OKC. I also think they'd beat the Spurs again. Would not surprise me at all if they represented the West in the Finals. I want no part of them in the 1st round.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4491081 said:
I honestly think the Grizzlies would beat the Thunder in a series. They almost did last year and they were missing Gay. Now they have him and they are just a matchup nightmare for OKC. I also think they'd beat the Spurs again. Would not surprise me at all if they represented the West in the Finals. I want no part of them in the 1st round.

3 out of the 4 losses to the Grizzlies were close.....and we had Manu with 1 arm and Duncan with a hurt leg....they were missing Gay.....

Also, I doubt they shoot lights out for an entire series again.

BTW, the Spurs have owned the Grizzlies this season, granted Randolph didn't play in the games....well he may have been there for the 1st one.

The Spurs are a lot deeper and more versatile this season than they were last season. Honestly, the biggest weakness is backup PG, but Neal and Manu are doing ok. I just wish Ford would have been able to remain healthy....cause he and Parker would have been an extremely formidable PG duo. Hopefully Mills can do a decent job the rest of the season.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
In the East, I honestly do not see anyone but the Heat and Bulls making to the ECF. Indiana will make either team work, but in the end, will lose to one of the top 2. No one else is worth diddly....

The West is much more wide open....and matchups are everything. One question we have yet to find out the answer to, how do the Spurs and Lakers match up with one another......since they have yet to play. The answer will come soon enough though.

OKC is a tough matchup, especially in OKC....but if a team can slow them down, they should struggle mightily.

Do not discount the veteran leadership and playoff experience that the Spurs, Lakers, and Mavs possess.

Reaction score
Biggems;4491108 said:
3 out of the 4 losses to the Grizzlies were close.....and we had Manu with 1 arm and Duncan with a hurt leg....they were missing Gay.....

Also, I doubt they shoot lights out for an entire series again.

BTW, the Spurs have owned the Grizzlies this season, granted Randolph didn't play in the games....well he may have been there for the 1st one.

The Spurs are a lot deeper and more versatile this season than they were last season. Honestly, the biggest weakness is backup PG, but Neal and Manu are doing ok. I just wish Ford would have been able to remain healthy....cause he and Parker would have been an extremely formidable PG duo. Hopefully Mills can do a decent job the rest of the season.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. Duncan and Gino were a little banged up so what? So is everybody at playoff time. Quit making excuses and just accept the fact the Memphis beat you plain and simple. They were missing Rudy Gay who is a great player when healthy. I don't really see how SA is much better. Jackson is maybe a slight upgrade over Jefferson, but he's a knucklehead. You added Leaonard in the draft and lost George Hill. It doesn't really matter if they owned the season series because first of all Randolph their best player was out and second of all it's the regular season.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4491173 said:
Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. Duncan and Gino were a little banged up so what? So is everybody at playoff time. Quit making excuses and just accept the fact the Memphis beat you plain and simple. They were missing Rudy Gay who is a great player when healthy. I don't really see how SA is much better. Jackson is maybe a slight upgrade over Jefferson, but he's a knucklehead. You added Leaonard in the draft and lost George Hill. It doesn't really matter if they owned the season series because first of all Randolph their best player was out and second of all it's the regular season.

yeah, ginobili was a little banged up! let me go break your arm and dislocate your elbow simultaneously and lets see how good you do anything, let alone play basketball vs the best perimeter defender in the game!

there is no point in having a pissing contest about what we think will happen in the playoffs based on anything. At this point, we just have to wait and see.

MC KAos

Reaction score
as for the thunder, freaking A they FINALLY lost a game! we have won like 12 of 13 games or something like that and only made up 1 game in the standings!!! although with the lakers sucking it up and the clippers maybe retaking that division, id rather be the 2 seed than the 1 in that situation. i think the bottom two teams in the western conference will be easy pickings for the top 2 since i dont see memphis or dallas falling past the 6 seed. With the way the top 6 teams are so even in the west, its a HUGE advantage to be in the top 2 and have an easy first round series.

as for the east, i know i sound like everyone in ESPN, but the celtics could make a run! if they climb to the 3 seed they could have an easier first round matchup than the pacers and be ready for the heat come round 2, if they beat them, anything is possible vs the bulls. If D-rose isnt healthy, they could lose to the magic! you never know what could happen, after the first round that is, because the first round in the east will be very predictable.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4491173 said:

Manu broke his arm in the last game of the season....a little banged up?:laugh2:

Jackson is way better than Jefferson, especially in the clutch, especially in the postseason. As far as him being a knucklehead, he hates to lose, and he doesn't take kindly to playing for garbage teams. He has great respect for Pop, Duncan, Manu, and Parker. He has been a model player for us then and so far now. I liked George Hill, but Leonard is better. He is taller, longer, and just as, if not more, athletic. We added Diaw who is a versatile all around player. Splitter has a year under his belt, knows his role and is comfortable in Pop's system.

Had the Lakers not made the trade, I would pick the Spurs to win all 3 games this year. However, now with Sessions, it is a toss up. He was an extremely valuable pick up. Yes you lost the veteran leadership and clutch shooting of Fisher.....but you gained youth, athleticism, speed, and size. He is definitely more of a matchup nightmare than Fisher.....and he is a quality defender.

These 3 games will be very intriguing....but of course, you refuse to give the Spurs props, even though they were the 1 seed last season and they are the 2 seed right now this season.....

It is ok, come June, they will earn your respect, when they are hoisting the O'Brien trophy.

Reaction score
Biggems;4491185 said:
Manu broke his arm in the last game of the season....a little banged up?:laugh2:

Jackson is way better than Jefferson, especially in the clutch, especially in the postseason. As far as him being a knucklehead, he hates to lose, and he doesn't take kindly to playing for garbage teams. He has great respect for Pop, Duncan, Manu, and Parker. He has been a model player for us then and so far now. I liked George Hill, but Leonard is better. He is taller, longer, and just as, if not more, athletic. We added Diaw who is a versatile all around player. Splitter has a year under his belt, knows his role and is comfortable in Pop's system.

Had the Lakers not made the trade, I would pick the Spurs to win all 3 games this year. However, now with Sessions, it is a toss up. He was an extremely valuable pick up. Yes you lost the veteran leadership and clutch shooting of Fisher.....but you gained youth, athleticism, speed, and size. He is definitely more of a matchup nightmare than Fisher.....and he is a quality defender.

These 3 games will be very intriguing....but of course, you refuse to give the Spurs props, even though they were the 1 seed last season and they are the 2 seed right now this season.....

It is ok, come June, they will earn your respect, when they are hoisting the O'Brien trophy.

He broke his arm and he still played that's the bottom line. Kobe has played with a ****ed finger like the last 5 years you see me making any excuses? Rudy Gay did NOT even play get that through your head. He's an All Star, didn't even play and Memphis still beat you guys. Leonard has played very well as a rookie for you guys, but so did George Hill I just don't see how it's much of an upgrade. Y'all were the #1 seed last year this year y'all are #2. Record wise they are worse. The Spurs could very well win it all, but so could a lot of other teams like Miami, Chicago, Boston, OKC, Memphis, and the Lakers although I doubt it with the clown in my sig coaching.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4491689 said:
He broke his arm and he still played that's the bottom line. Kobe has played with a ****ed finger like the last 5 years you see me making any excuses? Rudy Gay did NOT even play get that through your head. He's an All Star, didn't even play and Memphis still beat you guys. Leonard has played very well as a rookie for you guys, but so did George Hill I just don't see how it's much of an upgrade. Y'all were the #1 seed last year this year y'all are #2. Record wise they are worse. The Spurs could very well win it all, but so could a lot of other teams like Miami, Chicago, Boston, OKC, Memphis, and the Lakers although I doubt it with the clown in my sig coaching.

one finger? a finger that can be taped to another? players play all the time with broken or jammed fingers.

we are talking about an entire arm....seriously, you are starting to act like juck and romo2austin.

Let's do this....you get to choose, a fractured finger or a broken arm and dislocated shoulder.......which would you rather have....which one will cause you more difficulty in your occupation?

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;4491879 said:
one finger? a finger that can be taped to another? players play all the time with broken or jammed fingers.

we are talking about an entire arm....seriously, you are starting to act like juck and romo2austin.

Let's do this....you get to choose, a fractured finger or a broken arm and dislocated shoulder.......which would you rather have....which one will cause you more difficulty in your occupation?

Dislocated elbow, but either way, it's a hell of a lot worse than a finger

Reaction score
Biggems;4491879 said:

When did I ever say Kobe's injury was worse? I didn't all I said was Kobe had to play through an injury as well and you didn't see me making excuses.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4492349 said:
When did I ever say Kobe's injury was worse? I didn't all I said was Kobe had to play through an injury as well and you didn't see me making excuses.

you make excuses all the time!! look at your sig! its a huge excuse of the lakers sucking!

Reaction score
MC KAos;4492377 said:
you make excuses all the time!! look at your sig! its a huge excuse of the lakers sucking!

Well we're not sucking first of all we're 3rd in the West, but we could be a lot better if Mike Clown wasn't such a clown.