General ? on jason Garrett

Q_the_man

Reaction score
If our QB is getting killed back in the pocket, why isn't he using Max protect every now again.......I think if u give Romo an extra second here and there, our WRs can get open giving enuff time to manuever

Q_the_man

Reaction score
At least Romo wouldn't get hit over 25 times.....I can see if Romo was a RB but ur QB getting hit 25 times is not a recipe for winning.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Q_the_man;2334513 said:
If our QB is getting killed back in the pocket, why isn't he using Max protect every now again.......I think if u give Romo an extra second here and there, our WRs can get open giving enuff time to manuever

Well, you know, it is kind of funny...

After the Washington loss everyone was up in arms about Garrett saying that we didn't run because sometimes the defense dictates what you can do. However, what you are talking about is just that. It's a fine line that has to be walked between imposing your will on the other team and not being so stubborn that you don't change your game plan.

I think that's a balance that Garrett is still trying to find.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2334587 said:
Cut Romo and fire Garrett. Clearly neither one of them knows a thing about football.

So it's OK for Romo to get hit 25 times is what ur saying..... Just saying.....u want ur QB to take punishment like that, I can truly understand you logic...

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Q_the_man;2334612 said:
So it's OK for Romo to get hit 25 times is what ur saying..... Just saying.....u want ur QB to take punishment like that, I can truly understand you logic...

And exactly how many games has that happened in? Speaking of logic, you aren't using much if you think going max protect against a four man rush is the way to go...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
joseephuss;2334582 said:
Should you have to max protect against a 3 or 4 man pass rush?
They were sending everything they had quite a bit of the time.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2334628 said:
And exactly how many games has that happened in? Speaking of logic, you aren't using much if you think going max protect against a four man rush is the way to go...
No what I'm saying during a game an which ur QB is getting killed, sometimes u adjust and protect ur QB, Right or Wrong..... Now for ur logic of only rushing 3 or 4 man fronts, WOW that's what we do is rush 3 man then Ware makes 4 and by God they always use a extra back or TE to chip or Double team our outside rushers, correct me if I'm wrong.......

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I definitley think that the cowboys should of had some TE's or RB chip the DE's instead of leaving Flo and Colombo to get abused all day......

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Q_the_man;2334648 said:
No what I'm saying during a game an which ur QB is getting killed, sometimes u adjust and protect ur QB..... Now for ur logic of only rushing 3 or 4 man fronts, WOW that's what we do is rush 3 man then Ware makes 4 and by God they always use a extra back or TE to chip or Double team our outside rushers, correct me if I'm wrong.......

I hear you, my point is that it had little to nothing to do with scheme... We were just getting our tails kicked up front in the individual battles, nothing Red Jeezus can do about that.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well then hopefully he figures out how to keep us from getting our tails kicked the next three weeks cause without Romo's mobility to save us from other sacks it could be a long three weeks for Brad.