Genetics to Solve Why Ozzy Osbourne Is Still Alive

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The mystery of why rocker Ozzy Osbourne is still alive after decades of drug and alcohol abuse may finally be solved, reported The London Sunday Times.

The 61-year-old former Black Sabbath lead singer is to become one of only a few people in the world to have his full genome sequenced.

In addition to giving Osbourne information that could help prevent diseases, it is hoped the results will provide insights into the way drugs are absorbed into the body.

Before he reformed, Osbourne survived decades of substance abuse and bit the head off a bat while intoxicated on stage — he had to have rabies jabs afterwards. He has a genetic disorder similar to Parkinson’s disease, was committed to a mental institution and broke his neck in a quad bike accident after which he was placed in a chemically induced coma.

“Sequencing and analyzing individuals with extreme medical histories provides the greatest potential scientific value,” said Nathan Pearson, director of research at Knome, a Massachusetts company that will map the singer’s genome using a blood sample.

The first full genome was sequenced in 2003 after 13 years of work. Today, analyzing a genome takes three months and costs about $40,000.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,594568,00.html

arglebargle

Reaction score
I would have voted for Keith Richards for this work up. No telling if his DNA would have agreed though.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
arglebargle;3432952 said:
I would have voted for Keith Richards for this work up. No telling if his DNA would have agreed though.

Was thinking the same thing when I read this. :D

Jon88

Benched
Reaction score
Money. People without money and treatment would have been dead years ago.

joseephuss

Reaction score
arglebargle;3432952 said:

It is because Keith is not alive. He is the living undead and everyone already knows how that works.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;3432861 said:
The mystery of why rocker Ozzy Osbourne is still alive after decades of drug and alcohol abuse may finally be solved, reported The London Sunday Times.
Simple.

He is the Prince of Darkness.

Ask Sharon.