Geno Smith: definition of a mid QB

Yobwocs

Reaction score
First order of business....TAKE CARE of the Seahawks before moving on to the Eagles. Beating them pretty much guarantees us at least seed #5, so it's a lowkey important game that I feel like people are not feeling its significance enough - but it's all but obvious that we want to face the NFC South the first game instead of SF.

Watching Geno in some games this year.... Rams, Bengals, Niners.... he shows similar characteristics. He waits for his receivers to get open downfield, and when they get open it's a second late..... then the pass rush smothers him and he almost never shows the ability to escape. I said what I said about Sam Howell, but at least he has the athleticism and elusiveness in the pocket. But I think Geno is worse than Howell.... who is about #12, but Geno is more like 18th.

The strength of Seattle is their receivers. But I can't see one unit overtaking the Cowboys who are superior on every other front. Our offensive line had their struggles during the stretch of 49ers-Eagles, but they look like theyre playing better and Seahawks pass rush isn't some fright show. Their sack leader is Boye Mafe (7), but nobody else has more than 4. But even Sam Williams has 4 sacks.

Parsons and co has recorded 19 sacks in the last 4 games. Seahawks have given up 13 sacks in the last 4 games, so I'm expecting to knock Geno around the block next Thursday.

If we lose, it will be a huge huge disappointment. I feel like we're the far superior team, and losing will be the only loss this year that will have me fuming.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It's a great time to have the Seahawks come to town.

RoboQB

Reaction score
I just wonder if people feel as if Seattle is a trap game or not.
"It's a no from me dawg."
Bob, I think Seattle is on the verge of implosion.
Heading up to Buffalo will be the tricky game.
Not sure if I'd call it a trap game. The Bills are finally starting
to show something.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Geno is basically an aggressive, cocky gamer who likes to write checks his body can't cash. His game is pretty similar to Howell, but he's more seasoned.

Life is hard as a QB when you're confined to the pocket. As we've seen with Dak's offensive reboot this season, mobility stresses a defense so much.

Geno isn't very mobile and never was. So when the pass rush is bearing down and the defense has taken away his first read, he can't escape, and his usual move is to force a throw into coverage. He doesn't have the Favre-ian arm to get away with stunts like that, so things can quickly go bad.

This defense is going to absolutely destroy Geno on Thursday. We play into all his weaknesses.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
As ugly as Seattle looks, they might make the playoffs anyway. We could have two sub .500 teams make the playoffs because someone has to win the NFC South, and the 7th seed. Just in the NFC.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Count on Seattle to attempt to slow the game down with long drives, similar to the Commanders yesterday, and hope their defense makes a few stops/turnovers. Obviously their defense is better than Washington's. Dallas should win if they don't allow turnovers to be the big story in Seattle's favor.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
So the Cowboys are going to beat up another mediocre team at home. Cool.

Yet we'll get posts the next day that the national media aren't giving the Cowboys their flowers, because some of you are really concerned about what the media say.

We all know there's only one way this team regains respect. And it ain't by beating up Geno Smith in the 12th game.

Jstopper

Reaction score
So the Cowboys are going to beat up another mediocre team at home. Cool.

Yet we'll get posts the next day that the national media aren't giving the Cowboys their flowers, because some of you are really concerned about what the media say.

We all know there's only one way this team regains respect. And it ain't by beating up Geno Smith in the 12th game.
lol man your quality of posts has fallen since you left the admin team

Motorola

Reaction score
As ugly as Seattle looks, they might make the playoffs anyway. We could have two sub .500 teams make the playoffs because someone has to win the NFC South, and the 7th seed. Just in the NFC.
Looking ahead at schedules, I think both the Packers and Rams can get going down the stretch and overtake the Seahawks.
9-8 record gets that last WC playoff berth.

Flamma

Reaction score
Looking ahead at schedules, I think both the Packers and Rams can get going down the stretch and overtake the Seahawks.
9-8 record gets that last WC playoff berth.
I just looked at the remaining schedule and I agree. I think the Rams or Packers will probably overtake the seahawks. They both have the potential to get to 9 wins. But I wouldn't bet on that. I would bet the Seahawks lose at least 9 games.

Carson

Reaction score
They remind me of Washington.

Above average QB, who can either play All world or horrible. Solid RB and running game, 3 good to great receivers as well