Geno Smith: definition of a mid QB

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
we just have to remind ourselves not to look past seattle. hopefully the lesson learned from AZ game still is fresh in their minds (seemingly so as Parsons and Jerry had made comments). we also can't look forward to the Philly game. win this one. hope philly loses and then take care of philly

Aven8

Reaction score
Not that the PS means anything, but they pushed us around back in August.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
we just have to remind ourselves not to look past seattle. hopefully the lesson learned from AZ game still is fresh in their minds (seemingly so as Parsons and Jerry had made comments). we also can't look forward to the Philly game. win this one. hope philly loses and then take care of philly
So do you think every time a team loses to an Inferior "team, they were looking past them? Were the Lions looking past GB Thursday?" What does that term even mean? You think once the game starts the players some how play slower or with not as much effort because it is a team they feel they are better than? or could it just be that this is the NFL and teams lose every single season to teams with a less record???? Werent we missing 3 starting olineman in that AZ game?

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
So do you think every time a team loses to an Inferior "team, they were looking past them? Were the Lions looking past GB Thursday?" What does that term even mean? You think once the game starts the players some how play slower or with not as much effort because it is a team they feel they are better than? or could it just be that this is the NFL and teams lose every single season to teams with a less record???? Werent we missing 3 starting olineman in that AZ game?
There is definitely a mental component to it. You can't play 17 games like they're all Super Bowls.

We're not in the locker room with them, we don't know if a team is "looking past" a certain opponent or not. But there are hair-on-fire games for players and there are days at the office.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
No. Didn't say that. The Comment wasn't a generalization. But it happens. Even Cowboys said they over looked AZ and they won't make that mistake. They are human. They listen to. Ews, radio and media. They know they missed an opportunity against Philly. They are looming for rematch. Seattle could be a dangerous opponent as they may not be that good but they can play well at times. So my point was I hope they do t over look Seattle with Philly game looming and a chance to get even with them.

blueblood70

Reaction score
First order of business....TAKE CARE of the Seahawks before moving on to the Eagles. Beating them pretty much guarantees us at least seed #5, so it's a lowkey important game that I feel like people are not feeling its significance enough - but it's all but obvious that we want to face the NFC South the first game instead of SF.

Watching Geno in some games this year.... Rams, Bengals, Niners.... he shows similar characteristics. He waits for his receivers to get open downfield, and when they get open it's a second late..... then the pass rush smothers him and he almost never shows the ability to escape. I said what I said about Sam Howell, but at least he has the athleticism and elusiveness in the pocket. But I think Geno is worse than Howell.... who is about #12, but Geno is more like 18th.

The strength of Seattle is their receivers. But I can't see one unit overtaking the Cowboys who are superior on every other front. Our offensive line had their struggles during the stretch of 49ers-Eagles, but they look like theyre playing better and Seahawks pass rush isn't some fright show. Their sack leader is Boye Mafe (7), but nobody else has more than 4. But even Sam Williams has 4 sacks.

Parsons and co has recorded 19 sacks in the last 4 games. Seahawks have given up 13 sacks in the last 4 games, so I'm expecting to knock Geno around the block next Thursday.

If we lose, it will be a huge huge disappointment. I feel like we're the far superior team, and losing will be the only loss this year that will have me fuming.
Well some of that may be true but if Kenneth Walker plays it's a different offense... He is that type of quarterback that if he has a strong run game and play action passes look out I mean they're pretty good in blocking schemes for their offensive line from what I've seen... As much as people keep devaluing running backs the run game is still important this type of quarterback this type of team needs a strong run game in order to set up their passing...

blueblood70

Reaction score
I just wonder if people feel as if Seattle is a trap game or not.
Can we stop saying that that's like four weeks in a row now! ugh

I've heard the word trap game 4 straight weeks now...

no they don't because this is the first team with a winning record we've seen in four or five weeks therefore the Cowboys are tired of hearing they can't beat above 500 teams and by the way, it's at home... I think people keep saying trap game every week cause they want to be right so it's like playing craps and just putting a dollar on every number and every color on every space on the board so you're gonna end up winning eventually... :facepalm:

Let me give you a hint, there are no more trap games when you lose to Arizona Philadelphia and the Niners they've already gave up all the space they can use to let up in any game now... they're way behind the division leader and then lose the tiebreakers to 9ers, you can't do that because Seattle will be in the mix most likely you need this win nowhere close to what somebody would even consider a trap game....

Flamma

Reaction score
There is definitely a mental component to it. You can't play 17 games like they're all Super Bowls.

We're not in the locker room with them, we don't know if a team is "looking past" a certain opponent or not. But there are hair-on-fire games for players and there are days at the office.
Absolutely. Intensity level, or as you put it, hair on fire games or days at the office. As fans we can't tell until they play. It's why all coaches love it if they have something to fire up the players.

A great example was the 2007 Ravens against the Patriots. You could tell they left it all on the field that day. Could have, should have won that game. Two weeks later they lose to the 0-13 Dolphins. That was not the same Ravens team that played the Patriots.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No. Didn't say that. The Comment wasn't a generalization. But it happens. Even Cowboys said they over looked AZ and they won't make that mistake. They are human. They listen to. Ews, radio and media. They know they missed an opportunity against Philly. They are looming for rematch. Seattle could be a dangerous opponent as they may not be that good but they can play well at times. So my point was I hope they do t over look Seattle with Philly game looming and a chance to get even with them.
teams, players always say that stupid crap when they lose. This way it avoids just admitting the truth... you simply got beat. The Cardinals freaking beat us, plain and simple. Had nothing to do with overlooking anyone.

The Natural

Reaction score
I’ve watched a good amount of Seattle this year. They are what the national media pretends this team is, we should steamroll them at home.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I wouldn't say Geno is a bum, but he's been in the league so long and was just a backup for a reason. He hit his peak long ago. This is a game the Cowboys must handle, especially at home.

Creeper

Reaction score
Seattle is a pesky team with good WRs. Lockett is still one of the peskier WRs in the league and we know what Metcalf can do if you let him loose. The key, once again, will be getting pressure on Geno Smith. Make him make quick decisions and throw early and we can control their offense. But they can also run the football so it will be tougher than the Giants and Commanders games.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Seattle is a pesky team with good WRs. Lockett is still one of the peskier WRs in the league and we know what Metcalf can do if you let him loose. The key, once again, will be getting pressure on Geno Smith. Make him make quick decisions and throw early and we can control their offense. But they can also run the football so it will be tougher than the Giants and Commanders games.
They for sure have Jordan lewis circled on their calendar, the question is will they have time to throw... This team is a solid team they're the first team in five weeks that we've met with a above 500 record I'm sure they're taking them seriously they can pick apart some of our weak spots if we don't get too this middle quarterback that this guy's insinuating Gino is he may be average but he's definitely better than probably 15 or 16 other quarterbacks if he has a strong run game he has anytime at all look out they're going to pick on Lewis.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
teams, players always say that stupid crap when they lose. This way it avoids just admitting the truth... you simply got beat. The Cardinals freaking beat us, plain and simple. Had nothing to do with overlooking anyone.
Yeah, but they were sleep. Looked not ready. Made me tal mistakes they normally dont against AZ and dint look ready. Yes they beat us. That's why you don't overlook any team. That's not just on players but coaches to make sure they don't

blueblood70

Reaction score
No more ARZ games please.
So, what you mean is we don't need another game missing 3 Pro Bowl offensive lineman and missing Pro Bowl cornerback and not getting any help from the referees at all? Sure, I'll take a win in any game that that doesn't seem to pop up, which it happens more often than you think... SF and Purdy lost 3 straight because they were missing key players. :angry: ;)

We didn't lose that game because of a lack of effort or a lack of game planning we were shorthanded it had a lot of things that didn't go our way especially with some play calls from the referees... Lots of teams lose games when you're missing that many guys on the line on the road I guess the team it really seemed to want to play you very well in a league of parody any given Sunday well it's any given Sunday when you're missing 4 pro bowlers for sure on the road can I say that a fourth time missing 4 Pro Bowl players on the road and the refs got involved especially late still scratching my head over how do you pick that flag up on Michael Gallup that balls on the 1 yard line this is a different game...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Seattle is about to lose four in a row :thumbup:
They’re going to be a desperate team, so we better be prepared. We can’t afford one hiccup the rest of the way if we want to have any chance of winning the NFC East. We’re 2.5 games back of Philly with 6 games left.

SpaceCowboy99

Reaction score
First order of business....TAKE CARE of the Seahawks before moving on to the Eagles. Beating them pretty much guarantees us at least seed #5, so it's a lowkey important game that I feel like people are not feeling its significance enough - but it's all but obvious that we want to face the NFC South the first game instead of SF.

Watching Geno in some games this year.... Rams, Bengals, Niners.... he shows similar characteristics. He waits for his receivers to get open downfield, and when they get open it's a second late..... then the pass rush smothers him and he almost never shows the ability to escape. I said what I said about Sam Howell, but at least he has the athleticism and elusiveness in the pocket. But I think Geno is worse than Howell.... who is about #12, but Geno is more like 18th.

The strength of Seattle is their receivers. But I can't see one unit overtaking the Cowboys who are superior on every other front. Our offensive line had their struggles during the stretch of 49ers-Eagles, but they look like theyre playing better and Seahawks pass rush isn't some fright show. Their sack leader is Boye Mafe (7), but nobody else has more than 4. But even Sam Williams has 4 sacks.

Parsons and co has recorded 19 sacks in the last 4 games. Seahawks have given up 13 sacks in the last 4 games, so I'm expecting to knock Geno around the block next Thursday.

If we lose, it will be a huge huge disappointment. I feel like we're the far superior team, and losing will be the only loss this year that will have me fuming.
Lol... Huge disappointment? We are on track for losing. This happens every year almost. Built up on hollow wins, everything is churning and burning and then bam! A decent team looks amazing against us.

I expect us to lose a tough gritty game, Dak blows it in the 4th. Same song and dance.

Eddie

Reaction score
Lol... Huge disappointment? We are on track for losing. This happens every year almost. Built up on hollow wins, everything is churning and burning and then bam! A decent team looks amazing against us.

I expect us to lose a tough gritty game, Dak blows it in the 4th. Same song and dance.
We will beat both the Seahawks and the Eagles. We will slip one to either the Dolphins or the Bills, and then lose again to the Lions.

We'll go 3-2 over the next 5 games, and then send in the backups against Washingmachine as we won't be able to catch up with the Eagles and have the #5 playoff spot locked up.