Geoff Swaim?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

conner01

Reaction score
He's going to be a UFA starting tomorrow and nobody has even talked about this? How come this has gone under the radar?? He's our starting TE and probably worth 7-8 million per year. We must re-sign him, correct?
You really think swaim is a player that is worth 7-8 mil?
There are dozens of players like him in the nfl
We have two young guys, we can add another in the draft and have a shot at getting better

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I imagine Swain will take much less. Witten is is a waste of roster space. I love the guy, but he was done 2 years ago.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This guy admitted to being an eagles fan. Why anyone takes his outlandish posts seriously is beyond me.

Can anyone provide me with a link where that user claims to be or admitted to be an eagles fan?
If so please provide it.

Not a link to a post that says that they may have like a move the eagles did or a player that was on the eagles.

A link to a post that says he admits to being an Eagles fan.

If you do not wish to do it in public, PM me the link.

Thanks

glimmerman

Reaction score
With the late season emergence of Jarwin and Schultz and now signing Witten I believe we let Swaim walk. Before Witten I was wondering if we should sign him to a 1 year deal.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Can anyone provide me with a link where that user claims to be or admitted to be an eagles fan?
If so please provide it.

Not a link to a post that says that they may have like a move the eagles did or a player that was on the eagles.

A link to a post that says he admits to being an Eagles fan.

If you do not wish to do it in public, PM me the link.

Thanks

I'll go the public route for all to see. I didn't feel like going through every post but I do remember this thread and post now.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/i-am-now-an-eagles-fan.419549/#post-8651287

Verdict

Reaction score
I for one would re-sign Swaim.

Witten isn't a factor in my plans at all, he's just here again.

Jarwin came on late, but not consistently enough to call it good. Last year's draft pick did what a midround rookie TE does.

Swaim was showing flashes before he got hurt. He'll probably be dirt cheap, with low enough dead money to cut if something better comes along. Good competition for Jarwin.

Jarwin, Swaim, Witten, Schultz seems like a good enough group. Not spectacular but good enough. Very cheap, too.

I would cut Witten, resign Swaim on the cheap and draft a tight end (or get one through FA) with upside. Witten is a waste of cap space and a roster spot.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
This. I like Swaim, but we've got young guys we want to develop, and Old Man Witt, who actually has better availability than Swaim.

I expect someone to sign Swaim, and for him to play for years to come.
Whoever signs him can have him. He is good but he cannot stay healthy. Seems like every time you turn around, he's out for the season.

Like I have said before, Jarwin really started to come on last year. I was thinking that this would be his breakout year but with Witt coming back, I am not sure how much playtime he will get. Hopefully a lot.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I think WItten gets used more as a pass/run blocker (b/c he's good at it) and Jarwin/Schultz get split out wide in the pattern as pass options. Witten remains an option for TE screens or other passes

It takes a lot of pressure off of Jarwin/Schultz who's blocking is sometimes meh.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
This. I like Swaim, but we've got young guys we want to develop, and Old Man Witt, who actually has better availability than Swaim.

I expect someone to sign Swaim, and for him to play for years to come.
He'd probably mesh pretty good up in Chicago, I'm thinking.

*I'm an #87 fan, I'm just thinking his swarthy & ruggedly handsome feature's would be a pretty good fit with the bears fan base,as he looks like a veteran sea captain of the high seven seas when compared to the school boyishly features of both Jarwin& Schultz o_O

HungryLion

Reaction score
Geoff swaim is a mediocre tight end who frequently gets hurt.

Who cares about resigning him?

FaSho

Reaction score
He's going to be a UFA starting tomorrow and nobody has even talked about this? How come this has gone under the radar?? He's our starting TE and probably worth 7-8 million per year. We must re-sign him, correct?

Geoff, is that you?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Geoff Swaim is a outa here. The injuries have done him in.

He'll most likely be playing for some other team next year.

Witten should come in handy as Dak's dump-off tight end.