Twitter: George Edwards coaching LB

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
This is a very good thing. The improved LB play this year will be noticeable.

Getting LVE back will be huge. Hopefully he can help to straighten Jaylon out.
The back seven will be noticeably improved early, just need to hit on some DL which I believe 2nd year players like Gallimore showed already some flashes, if he gets it he alone will go a long way in improving the interior DL.
Hill, and the rooks will be in the mix, so we have a definite youth movement on this DL, its a good thing.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
If coach Edwards can work his magic with these LBers.. they might just be battling the OL for the 2nd best position group behind our WRs.

I’m not too worried ab LVE. If he’s really back to health, I personally believe he’s going to earn his second contract. Of course, his career has taking the ‘Sean Lee’ approach injury wise, but like Lee, when LVE is fully healthy.. he’s a difference maker.

I’m sorry, I’ve all but pushed Jaylon off this team. Unfortunately for him, I believe his “career ending” injury has robbed him of the skills that made him great in college. Good for him to reclaim a NFL job, but his limitations are too severe. If Edwards can turn his career around.. Edwards will have many opportunities afterwards. God speed to both.

I’m not exactly sure how Parsons will be used, but either way, he’ll be molded to dominate at MLB, no doubt. From the sounds of it.. Parsons has only scratched the surface of how good he can be. Just keep the kid’s head on straight, the sky’s the limit for him.

I’ve made it clear of my doubts of Jabril Cox. Don’t get me wrong, if Cox turns into a dominant nickle/dime coverage LBer.. that’s a win. Likewise, if Coach Edwards turns this kid into a 3down Will LBer.. that would be a steal. And I’ll eat crow.

I have know idea how Keanu Neal will be deployed. He’s only here on a one year contract, so he’s not guaranteed a spot. Yet, he is a Quinn favorite as it seems.. so great added depth is definitely a plus nonetheless

Luke Gifford is the guy I’m hoping makes some hay this year. He was always a kid that needed some refinement, but he has the size they covet and flashed at times when giving a chance. I’m not talking starter, but it would be nice to see us develop a solid backup/spot starter. Gifford needs to realize the clock is ticking.

I feel bad for Francis Bernard. I’m not sure he was ever going to be anything, but a back up player.. but he has shown the knack to make plays. He doesn’t have the size or the speed needed for this scheme, so he’s prob the odd man out.

Side note: I am interested in how our undrafted kid, Anthony Hines III, pans out. He was a 5star recruit out of high school and played well at TX a&m. And let’s face it.. the coaching was underwhelming.. Maybe Edwards can find a diamond in the rough.

At the end of the day.. the LBer position was a detriment by seasons end. Now.. it’s looking promising
I agree mostly. The idea of our new guy with healthy LBers..

Would suddenly help both the DL and the seconary. If the LBers can help the secondary and the DL control LOS.l would like to see that.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Love it. Dan Quinn telling his Head Coach that he wants his guy coaching the LBs. Not McCarthy's scrub, Scott McCurley. Dude might as well be quality control at this point.

Quinn and Edwards worked together in (I think) Miami, so I'm not surprised.

Knotamus

Reaction score
When? Outside of the one interception last training camp.

Obviously I’m referring to Bernard’s college play, as he only had a handful of snaps last year. Although, he was generating a lot of attention with his play earlier in training camp. He actually snagged two INTs in back-to-back days. LVE was even raving about him and how smart and/or quickly he managed the playbook. He also made the roster as a UDFA, so he was doing something right. He’s a good kid and type of player most teams would like to develop. Unfortunately, he doesn’t have the measurables or the speed that Quinn covets. Outside the top two guys of Diggs and Gallimore.. Mike Nolan’s draft picks may be on the outside looking in. That includes Bradley Anae, R.Robinson, and Francis Bernard.

I’m not saying my opinions are fact btw.. hence the opinion part. But I don’t throw stuff against the wall to see if it sticks.. Francis Bernard has shown that he has the propensity to make plays on the football when giving a chance to play. That includes college and NFL training camp. I should also mention.. Last year, I would of rather seen more Bernard than Jaylon. But again, that’s my opinion.

https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...bernard-making-an-impression-with-the-cowboys