Georgia WR Green says he intends to leave school

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Georgia WR Green says he intends to leave school, try NFL
Associated Press
Published: Jan. 9, 2011 at 01:44 p.m. Updated: Jan. 9, 2011 at 02:00 p.m

ATLANTA -- Georgia wide receiver A.J. Green will give up his senior season in college to apply for the 2011 NFL Draft.
Green had 166 catches for 2,619 yards and 23 touchdowns in his three seasons with the Bulldogs. He served a four-game NCAA suspension at the start of this season for selling a bowl jersey for $1,000 to someone deemed an agent, but Green still led Georgia with 57 catches for 848 yards and nine touchdowns.

"While it was a difficult decision, it came down to the opportunity of pursuing a dream I've had since early childhood," Green said in a statement released by the school Sunday. "But Georgia is a great place and I'm so appreciative of the opportunity to be a Georgia Bulldog. I want to thank the coaches, my teammates and the fans who have supported me and helped me grow not only as a player but as a man."

Read more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...green-says-he-intends-to-leave-school-try-nfl

realtick

Benched
Reaction score
A.J. Green is Charles Rodgers with his head on straight.

That's meant as a compliment.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
realtick;3792688 said:
A.J. Green is Charles Rodgers with his head on straight.

That's meant as a compliment.
That's exactly who he reminds me of too. I thought Charles Rogers would eventually be the best receiver in the NFL. He had that kind of potential.

AJ Green looked a lot more polished to me this season than last. Heading into the season I thought Julio Jones was the better player, and while both had good seasons, to me Green pulled ahead.