News: Gerald McCoy has lost 20 pounds and feels he is at his best

johneric8

Reaction score
Look lads, it was a good interview. We won't know how Gerald works out until the season starts. I really enjoyed learning more about be his personality, I feel good about where his head is at as opposed to someone like Michael Bennett.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Playing for your 3rd team in two years will do that, especially on a non-guaranteed deal (lol). All kidding aside, Gerald's a good man. Excellent community/locker room guy. Always had a good work ethic but I think he got little complacent last couple years with the Bucs. Bruce Adrain called him out after the first couple of months of being hired. So I think that and the fact the Panthers didn't make a serious attempt to keep him has lit a fire under his butt. Which is good coz guess who gets to benefits? In other words, don't surprised to see him have close to a career year.
If he can absorb some of the lose of Quinn and Bennett..

yeah mon.

The handling of the cap has gone well up to now.

Even given Dak's deal pending..

we still have room to pursue FAs if some appear we need.

Very different than years past.

Big Mike has to like that.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Me no likey. I want him to eclipse the sun. He can pull a Nate Newton when he retires :laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look lads, it was a good interview. We won't know how Gerald works out until the season starts. I really enjoyed learning more about be his personality, I feel good about where his head is at as opposed to someone like Michael Bennett.

I don;t get why people propose such negativity and smarminess. IS there some club I don't know about? Some Kool Kids Klub, being negative and smartaxery gets you points?

Hasn;t played one down yet people are bagging on him. Great.....really great fans!

John813

Reaction score
I agree, a vegan diet sounds like bad medicine for a football player in general because it's hard to get protein. The reason I put a positive spin on him losing 20 pounds was because he said it really helps his joints without losing his strength. He made some great points in the video in regards to ageing players always do better to carry less weight since they typically lose some speed. We will just have to see how it shakes out but it looks like he is a hard worker.

I would say for an athlete like him he could have a dietitian who could have the expertise to give him a vegan diet with proper nutrition for his enduring line of work (LOL).
It's hard, but IMO possible when you got the income of a NFL player.

That being said, if Tomsula likes what McCoy has done, I'm all for whatever weight he wants to play at.

johneric8

Reaction score
I would say for an athlete like him he could have a dietitian who could have the expertise to give him a vegan diet with proper nutrition for his enduring line of work (LOL).
It's hard, but IMO possible when you got the income of a NFL player.

That being said, if Tomsula likes what McCoy has done, I'm all for whatever weight he wants to play at.

I envy people with too much money for the sheer fact that they can have someone make them the perfect food for whatever marco they're trying to hit. At the end of the day it's not as important for many of us average folk.