Video: Gerald McCoy Interview

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Guys going to help in many ways. One being a vocal leader which they’ve needed for sometime.

It's funny to me that teams/units always need a vocal leader when things are bad. No one brings it up when the team/unit is overrated.

Glad to have McCoy, but I think the supposed need for a vocal leader is overrated.

basel90

Reaction score
Amazing how every thread, no matter what it's about, has to have Dak interjected into it.
Dak has awakened many fans to the reality with his antics, and the lack of appreciation for the cowboys and the fans.
Maturity and leadership are key in team sports. Especially in a QB

Polkton31

Reaction score
Dak has awakened many fans to the reality with his antics, and the lack of appreciation for the cowboys and the fans.
Maturity and leadership are key in team sports. Especially in a QB
Ok. What does Daks maturity and leadership ability, or the lack thereof, have to do with the McCoy signing. Aren't there enough Dak threads already, where that could be posted?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
It's funny to me that teams/units always need a vocal leader when things are bad. No one brings it up when the team/unit is overrated.

Glad to have McCoy, but I think the supposed need for a vocal leader is overrated.
You’re right. But this team could be way different with new coaching staff you may not need that now

basel90

Reaction score
Ok. What does Daks maturity and leadership ability, or the lack thereof, have to do with the McCoy signing. Aren't there enough Dak threads already, where that could be posted?
Cowboys bringing leaders in the locker room is what is relevant here. Much needed with a team in a big transition , with a new coach . While the QB Of the team pales in comparison.

Polkton31

Reaction score
Cowboys bringing leaders in the locker room is what is relevant here. Much needed with a team in a big transition , with a new coach . While the QB Of the team pales in comparison.
Fails by your standards. The problem with your assumption is... Nearly every team member has praised Dak for his leadership. Since they are in the locker room and on the field with him, I'll accept their assessment over yours. Also, if bringing in leaders was the point of your initial response, then there really was no need to bring up Dak. The reason Dak was brought up, is because you saw an opportunity to respond to the original post, and still get a dig in on Dak. Everyone here saw through it.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gerald McCoy is a fair-minded individual who sees things quite reflective of that mindset.

He's also an extremely talented player who I expect to be give the Cowboys quality work.

I'm also anticipating that he'll be a favorable influence on players who need that the most.

Looks fit too. I expect him to be the best 3-tech we've had since going back to the 4-3.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow...watched him for 9 years here in Tampa Bay.....never know what a great person he is! Glad to have him here.

basel90

Reaction score
Fails by your standards. The problem with your assumption is... Nearly every team member has praised Dak for his leadership. Since they are in the locker room and on the field with him, I'll accept their assessment over yours. Also, if bringing in leaders was the point of your initial response, then there really was no need to bring up Dak. The reason Dak was brought up, is because you saw an opportunity to respond to the original post, and still get a dig in on Dak. Everyone here saw through it.
i think you fail at all verticals in your assessment. you seem to be a dak delusional fan who gets annoyed at every criticism of dak . All this for a mediocre QB who loses almost every important game ? very generous of you :) . everyone in the locker room plays nice to the QB and to each other , so don't be that naive.

Polkton31

Reaction score
i think you fail at all verticals in your assessment. you seem to be a dak delusional fan who gets annoyed at every criticism of dak . All this for a mediocre QB who loses almost every important game ? very generous of you :) . everyone in the locker room plays nice to the QB and to each other , so don't be that naive.
:laugh::lmao::lmao2::facepalm: Knew the Dak-fan, Dak-slobberer, Dak-employee, Dak-zoid insult would come sooner or later. It actually took a couple more posts than I thought it would. But hey... you got what you wanted. You managed to change the narrative to Dak. :lmao2::lmao::thumbup:

You say people in the locker room are basically lying and playing nice when they praise Dak's leadership. That's an assumption based on your opinion. Now that sounds naive.

PS. Criticize Dak all you want. Makes not a bit of difference to me... Just try to do it in a Dak thread, instead of attempting to hi-jack every thread with your anti-Dak agenda. That's the only thing which annoys me.

bewp7

Reaction score
mccoy seem like a cool dude he will be on espn or fox or nfl network when he retires

i did think was interesting he broughted up aikman, witten, romo all going into announcing, when he was talking about exposure and marketing stuff i wish the cowboys could take better advintage of that kind of stuff!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

LOL.