Get help. Bring in someone

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
I don’t care if he’s flipping burgers. If he has ever stopped the run, thought about stopping the run, or is 400lbs, get him in to tryout. Nothing is more demoralizing to a defense than getting gashed in the run game. Mazi ain’t it, Gallimore ain’t it.

bigE79

Reaction score
Laugh if you want,but I'd see what kind of shape Ro Mac is in.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
The time to get someone came a long while ago. Unfortunately it was Mazi and it hasn't worked. But at least they did try this time out of the last 20 years or so.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Remember when they were hyping Mazi up in training camp as if he was going to be moderately good? Fun memories.

Brooksey

Reaction score
We better give Hankins an extension. Carl Davis was terrible, Mazi wasn't much better.
Damone Clark is soft and slow to react, he's terrible against the run and the pass.

Evans looked better

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Not saying these DT can't play better because they can, but I'm almost through rewatching the first half of yesterday game, and the constant issue in the run game I'm seeing is Micah...a few plays really stick out to me.

• One was with 7:04 in the second quarter. Bell blitzes off the edge, the rest of the DLine slants away from the blitz and Micah just gets shielded off like it was nothing leading to a 12 yard gain. I can't say with 100% confidence that it was his gap, but with the DT slanting down and a blitzer off the edge I have to believe Micah was responsible for the inside gap there.
  • Another is the opening play of the game where they run right at Micah, he makes an inside move on the T and simply can't fight back through the block and gets washed right out of the play with ease.
  • 4:18 left in the 2nd quarter Micah and Dlaw both sanding up on the right side Buffalo runs a trap and Micah isn't even aware of it. G/C block down on the DTs, T shields off Dlaw, and Micah gets picked up by the trap guy with absolutely zero awareness of what's going on. Cook runs right through Micahs gap. When the Oline lets you into the backfield untouched like that you have to be aware that you're about to get either a trap, screen, etc.
  • 2:53 left in the 2nd Q Micah is on right side edge, another trap play by Buffalo that works easily. Micah 1v1 vs the RT and makes an odd move where he dips his head and the RT just lets him take himself out of the play. This play was exceptionally bad all around for the defense but had Micah just held his ground it probably goes for a minimal gain, instead he loses contain and gives Cook an easy 9 yards.

The guy might be the best pure pass rusher in the league, but its been an issue time and time again where teams can run right at the guy with ease. I think it's really time to get serious about moving Micah Parsons back to playing LB on 1st down.

Micah seems to have zero feel for playing against the run on the DLine, and he also doesn't seem to have the weight/strength to battle through blocks. The guy is just a better player in space as he doesn't have the body mass to play with these Olinemen in the run game. Not trying to pick on or single out Micah either, this was a let down across the board, but his performance really stuck out to me yesterday, and not for good reasons.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
You can bet your booty EVERY team from here on out will be committed to running the ball at all costs. Until this unit proves they can stop that, it will be their demise.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Not saying these DT can't play better because they can, but I'm almost through rewatching the first half of yesterday game, and the constant issue in the run game I'm seeing is Micah...a few plays really stick out to me.

• One was with 7:04 in the second quarter. Bell blitzes off the edge, the rest of the DLine slants away from the blitz and Micah just gets shielded off like it was nothing leading to a 12 yard gain. I can't say with 100% confidence that it was his gap, but with the DT slanting down and a blitzer off the edge I have to believe Micah was responsible for the inside gap there.
  • Another is the opening play of the game where they run right at Micah, he makes an inside move on the T and simply can't fight back through the block and gets washed right out of the play with ease.
  • 4:18 left in the 2nd quarter Micah and Dlaw both sanding up on the right side Buffalo runs a trap and Micah isn't even aware of it. G/C block down on the DTs, T shields off Dlaw, and Micah gets picked up by the trap guy with absolutely zero awareness of what's going on. Cook runs right through Micahs gap. When the Oline lets you into the backfield untouched like that you have to be aware that you're about to get either a trap, screen, etc.
  • 2:53 left in the 2nd Q Micah is on right side edge, another trap play by Buffalo that works easily. Micah 1v1 vs the RT and makes an odd move where he dips his head and the RT just lets him take himself out of the play. This play was exceptionally bad all around for the defense but had Micah just held his ground it probably goes for a minimal gain, instead he loses contain and gives Cook an easy 9 yards.

The guy might be the best pure pass rusher in the league, but its been an issue time and time again where teams can run right at the guy with ease. I think it's really time to get serious about moving Micah Parsons back to playing LB on 1st down.

Micah seems to have zero feel for playing against the run on the DLine, and he also doesn't seem to have the weight/strength to battle through blocks. The guy is just a better player in space as he doesn't have the body mass to play with these Olinemen in the run game. Not trying to pick on or single out Micah either, this was a let down across the board, but his performance really stuck out to me yesterday, and not for good reasons.
You're blaming Micah for DQ not knowing how to use him.

tomsanders921

Reaction score

Yep. Micah is terrible against the run. Any decent oc will attack that going forward. And you know Kyle shanahan will if they meet again in the playoffs.

The defense has regressed significantly throughout the year. It's crazy to think how much better they were in the first month of the season, granted against inferior competition. But right now I don't have confidence they could hold any team under 20 if the offense does t give them a lead. The eagles moved the ball at will, but just kept fumbling it away.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score

Ive said this, #11 can not be an anchor DE, he isn't built for it and cant hold the edge on traps or misdirection...on passing downs its fine..when a team is running our arss over he needs to get back to LB and flow to the ball.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In January we go into yet another off season where we need to fix the run.

Ongoing goal that doesn't seem to be reachable.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
You're blaming Micah for DQ not knowing how to use him.
No I completely agree it's time to move Micah off of DE for early downs at times. Use the guy to his strengths, and that may change week to week depending on where the opposing teams oline can be exploited.