Get off the ship

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The problem isn’t that we loss. I wouldn’t have been angry with a loss if we actually executed on offense. We had one drive the entire game on offense where I thought we looked good. 12-10 is not a proud loss. I can’t say I’m proud of my team because I didn’t see any confidence or execution from the offense. Defense played good in containing Kamara and getting to Teddy Bridgewater every now and then. Had I seen what we’ve seen from our offense the last 1-3 weeks and we loss, I would’ve been okay and accepted it. But last night’s lost comes with concern about the offense and I think they anger and disappointment is okay in this situation. We won’t be able to play this bad against the top 5 defenses we have to play throughout the season. We have Pats, Bills, Bears, even the Vikes to play. Those defenses are tough. Even tougher than tonight. This offense should not fall apart from 31 to 10 after playing one decent defense. I’m just sayin. Hopefully we can bounce back, but I’m not holding my breath. Go boys :starspin:.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem isn’t that we loss. I wouldn’t have been angry with a loss if we actually executed on offense. We had one drive the entire game on offense where I thought we looked good. 12-10 is not a proud loss. I can’t say I’m proud of my team because I didn’t see any confidence or execution from the offense. Defense played good in containing Kamara and getting to Teddy Bridgewater every now and then. Had I seen what we’ve seen from our offense the last 1-3 weeks and we loss, I would’ve been okay and accepted it. But last night’s lost comes with concern about the offense and I think they anger and disappointment is okay in this situation. We won’t be able to play this bad against the top 5 defenses we have to play throughout the season. We have Pats, Bills, Bears, even the Vikes to play. Those defenses are tough. Even tougher than tonight. This offense should not fall apart from 31 to 10 after playing one decent defense. I’m just sayin. Hopefully we can bounce back, but I’m not holding my breath. Go boys :starspin:.

I think you bring up an excellent point, and your concerns are justified.

This team validated all of the doubts people had about them last night. People wondered whether their record was real, or a mirage, created by playing against some of the worst teams in the league?

By scoring just 10 points, those concerns and doubts became real.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you're crying over 1 loss that was a dogfight ending with the Saints not scoring a td need to get off the ship, you're not built for this , this ain't for the weak.
we arent crying but we are normally upset..i wasn't surprised, I predicted the loss..long season we will be fine..i predicted 11-5 so there will be more losses..

we just need to be playing our best at playoff time.. its all I want..rs is just the bridge to get us in..

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're crying over 1 loss that was a dogfight ending with the Saints not scoring a td need to get off the ship, you're not built for this , this ain't for the weak.

I always wonder if the fans that do this ever played a sport. If so, I can't imagine they were successful. No quality player or quality team falls to pieces after a bad game. What you do is recognize it was a bad game, learn from it, get ticked off by it, and be determined to not let it happen again. That's what competitors do.

Sydla

Reaction score
I always wonder if the fans that do this ever played a sport. If so, I can't imagine they were successful. No quality player or quality team falls to pieces after a bad game. What you do is recognize it was a bad game, learn from it, get ticked off by it, and be determined to not let it happen again. That's what competitors do.

These posts crack me up.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
It's one game in the context of four games.

We played three tomato cans prior to this game. This was our first real game against a team with a pulse and we failed. It certainly should raise some concerns (note for the homers that struggle with reading comprehension, I am not saying the season is over).
I'm not anybody is doing anything as far as ship jumping. I'm not abandoning the ship. I'm trying to save it. Metaphorically anyway. I'll just say what I think is wrong with the team. What we need to get better. And I'll say it after a win also. How could we have been even more dominate. Season just started last night. In my mind we're 0-1. Let's see what happens next week.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score

"Throw this joker overboard too, he's weak. We don't the dead weighr"
Your command of the English language is about as lame as the Dallas Cowboys offensive game plan last night. You both need to improve.

risco

Reaction score
What's funny is you think that the Saints not scoring a TD somehow makes the loss look better.

It makes it look worse. If you hold the Saints without a TD in the Superdome and lose the game, your offensive coaches and the players were horrendous.

Your post is the textbook definition of trying to turn a loss into a moral victory.

First team we played with a pulse and got exposed offensively. It's not all roses and rainbows.
All I have to say: there are 12 games remaining.

risco

Reaction score
Seeing how Jerruh was walking around the French Quarter with a drink in hand getting sloshed the night before this game, I'm sure the whole team downplayed this whole trip. It wasn't anything more than one big ole party, at least that's how I would take it seeing the owner /CEO/ GM out acting a fool. The upcoming schedule is no joke, so they better get serious real fast.

:laugh:

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Love these posts where everyone is supposed to wear the rose colored glasses and drink the lemonade otherwise get out.
I get it, it is one loss but this is what a forum is all about. Thoughts being expressed, both good and bad. I am sure you can handle a few negative ones because remember it is not for the weak :flagwave:

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
No time to panic guys, its just one game but it was a very bad loss in terms of tiebreaks. That is what I am focusing on, how does this loss affect the playoff picture. We got a really hard schedule coming up, so we better get right and get right fast.

Now if we lose at home to the Pack next week, then it might be time to start getting worried because we would be 0-2 in tiebreaks against fellow playoff contenders. That means odds of a wildcard are getting low and the only path to the playoffs is winning the division. Also keep in mind, that Philly gets the Jets next week so that is an auto win for them, so lose to the Pack and we are suddenly tied with Philly for div lead and behind the 8 ball in wildcard tiebreaks.

We really need to beat the Pack.
Honestly, it would be better to have lost against the Dolphins than to the Saints. Why? Because of the tie breakers that determine who gets home field in the playoffs. Dallas needs to beat these good teams and if they lose, they can lose to bad teams that will not effect their playoff goals. All losses are tough. Hopefully they regroup and beat the Packers. Thankfully it is in Dallas this time.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The first loss of the season always brings out the worst in the fan base.

The key to an NFL season is to not get too down on yourself after a loss and not get too confident after a win.

The offense was concerning last night, but if they have a good game vs GB it will all be forgotten.

Dre11

Reaction score
Uhh ok capn...I'm also not a fool hardy tool, what I saw last night only reinforces what everyone has thought since the opener, we beat NO ONE, and it showed last night. Not that NO should have been a cake walk, but it damn sure shouldn't have been a loss IF this team was ready to dance with the big boys....nope, not jumping ship, but like a lot of us fans, the old raa raa were back has gone silent until this bunch of clowns proves their for real and not a fluke beating up on 2 0-3 teams. NY seems to have found their way with a rookie and multiple injuries across the team... piss poor showing last night, no will and no imagination on the offense. We looked, just like we did under that idiot Linehan, IMHO, if were just going to stick to his crappy play book, then why not just keep him here as OC. And yes, I'm disgusted with this bunch fumbling, can't get open, can't block a 90 year old woman, pay me 100 mil but I'll sit back here and gain 1.5 yds a run, or pay me 100 mil and you won't see me make 1 damn sack or pressure... yeah we payed all the right players now didn't we, bunch of heartless wonders.

So freaking what, they played a tough damn game, they still lost 1 damn game with 12 games left. Did you freaking think they were going undefeated? You're a freaking idiot if you think there isn't going to be bad individual performances.