Get on the horn for Wes Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiffWellingtonIII

Reaction score
With Wes Welkers agent and get him to Dallas.

Is he Dez ? No but he's a dynamite route runner and squirt free guy.

Romo should have zero problems getting in sync with hm - plus the guy brings rings and a winning pedigree and work ethic.

I'd take him over Street, Escobar , Wayne or Moss.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Welker is a slot WR, that is where he was effective not working as an outside wideout.

GOLDENCHILD1688

Reaction score
You must not have watched him in his last season and the guy also is a concussion waiting to happen which is large in part outside of his declining skills why he isn't playing anymore

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Welker is a slot WR, that is where he was effective not working as an outside wideout.

To play devil's advocate... he could play the slot, as TWill & Street would be on the outside. Of course, that would eat into Beasley's playing, unless we put Beasley outside in situations where Welker is inside (Bease has practiced outside routes from what I recall)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The guy is trolling...don't get hooked.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
To play devil's advocate... he could play the slot, as TWill & Street would be on the outside. Of course, that would eat into Beasley's playing, unless we put Beasley outside in situations where Welker is inside (Bease has practiced outside routes from what I recall)

Yes Beasley has but again he is not as effective working outside. For the most part if you get Welker you have done nothing to add to the outside WR position you just brought in another slot man.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
NO way, and there is just simply no way we replace Dez in this offense, we just have to roll with what we got, next man step up, thats why you draft and have an offseason.
Nobody replaces Dez, time to move forward.

chagus

Reaction score
With Wes Welkers agent and get him to Dallas.

Is he Dez ? No but he's a dynamite route runner and squirt free guy.

Romo should have zero problems getting in sync with hm - plus the guy brings rings and a winning pedigree and work ethic.

I'd take him over Street, Escobar , Wayne or Moss.

We need a WR that can stretch the field as we already have the slot and underneath receivers so no to Welker.

guag

Reaction score
Yes Beasley has but again he is not as effective working outside. For the most part if you get Welker you have done nothing to add to the outside WR position you just brought in another slot man.

That's true, and if we're to obtain a new WR, it should be with the intention of keeping Street off the field (no offense to him, but he's not ready to be a #2)

guag

Reaction score
NO way, and there is just simply no way we replace Dez in this offense, we just have to roll with what we got, next man step up, thats why you draft and have an offseason.
Nobody replaces Dez, time to move forward.

If he ends up being out for an extended period of time, I don't see how we wouldn't look to find another WR to help out in his absense. Not to replace him. If either TWill or Beasely is injured, we've got no depth (or outside starters for that matter, if TWill misses time).

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Every time I think the guy has started his dumbest thread .........

guag

Reaction score
O3DHIA5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.