Get ready for an avalanche of Commander hype like never before!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
aardvark said:

I had read that as well. If Gibbs did not hire the man then he should not be on the staff plain and simple. I think Saunders is a very good coach so that is not the issue. I think when you hire a HC and he is the one who has to take the heat for winning and losing then you let him run things his way. If the owner is not happy with the way things are going then fire the HC and hire someone else but I see nothing but problems when the owner starts selecting assistant coaches.

TonyS

Reaction score
I love it! The years where the Skins have been crowned paper champions they stunk up the joint. This year, nobody thought they'd do anything and they make it to the playoffs and sweep us.

Go Commanders! Paper champions of 2006!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I thought Peter King was the anti-christ in Redskinland? I guess now after this he gets the Smart Guy of the Year award.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I like alot of their coaching moves.

Gibbs has enough respect and has had enough success in the NFL that he could probably make sure everyone is on the same page. The only head butting I could see happening is on the offensive side of the ball, but as long as Gregg Williams is calling the defense, they should be okay.

I wish the Cowboys would have gone after Alex Gibbs, the Broncos Offensive Line Coach he signed with Atlanta last year and at least looked into Gregg Williams when he was available 2 years ago.

Snyder is signing compotent guys and trying to make his organization better, cant blame him for doing that.

- Mike G.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
I like alot of their coaching moves.

Gibbs has enough respect and has had enough success in the NFL that he could probably make sure everyone is on the same page. The only head butting I could see happening is on the offensive side of the ball, but as long as Gregg Williams is calling the defense, they should be okay.

I wish the Cowboys would have gone after Alex Gibbs, the Broncos Offensive Line Coach he signed with Atlanta last year and at least looked into Gregg Williams when he was available 2 years ago.

Snyder is signing compotent guys and trying to make his organization better, cant blame him for doing that.

- Mike G.

As mentioned I think when you hire a coach you let him run things, if Gibbs was all for this move then it is a great hire but when management forces a coach down your throat that is not good and only undermines the HC authority. We called them puppets in Dallas.

Double

Reaction score
They have obviously made moves that are hard to ignore and they may well be SB contenders 2 or 3 years from now but i dont see them as SB contenders next year because they are installing a new offense and probably starting a rookie QB. Their offense might turn out to be good but their offense doesnt scare me since most of the NFC east teams are good defensively and will match up well with their offense. the only thing about the deadskins that is scary is their defense, the way they finished the season on a high note could set the tone for next season. That said, i pick them to finish 9-7 next year. We win the East by sweeping them and avenging this season. :D:D

vicjagger

Reaction score
Peter obviously hasn't checked the Commander's cap situation for '06.