Get this guy in 2007

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
whoever gets brady quinn is going to be a lot better than before they had him.....for sure.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd said:
And I believe we will have a top QB for the future!!!
How are we supposed to do that? The only way I know of is to morgage the future but sending a truck load of draft picks to someone so we can have the first overall pick. Not gonna happen.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
How are we supposed to do that? The only way I know of is to morgage the future but sending a truck load of draft picks to someone so we can have the first overall pick. Not gonna happen.
Which is why I think we need to take Jay Cutler in the first if he's still around. If he's still around at the 15th pick or so we can make a move up without costing too much. We NEED a young QB. NEED!

burmafrd

Reaction score
does not matter if you get a young QB if he aint no good. IF we trade our first and second this year and stockpile picks, we can do this in 2007. I see no other way to get a QB that will have the best chance of shinning in the NFL. The O linemen we need we can get in the 3-5 rds and work on.

BlueStarDude

Reaction score
With the number of juniors expected to declare this is looking like it will be a deep draft, with good, solid prospects to be found throughout the first day. We can trade out of round 1 like we did a couple of years ago, pickup an extra round 1 in 2007 and use that with a few other picks to get Quinn. It would be worth it. I was hoping we would package something together for Carson Palmer when he came out... maybe this time we'll pull the trigger. Quinn > Eli, much >

burmafrd

Reaction score
palmer would have been a pretty good grab. But at the time he had had only one really good year in college so there was a fair amount of doubt. If QUinn does as well next year, or BETTER, then people will be really nuts going after him.

burmafrd

Reaction score
One problem some have with Leinart is that with so much talent around him, just how good is he REALLY? Quinn did better with a lot less surrounding talent. Sort of like the Miami QB's from the 90's- they won but it was seen that in the pros it was more due to the surrounding talent then their own.

ghst187

Reaction score
Quinn is going to be the best QB to come out in a while and probably more NFL-ready than most. If Henson doesn't turn the corner, I'd be all for giving up all our 2007 draft picks for him. No other position on the field is as important