Video: Get to know your new NT Quinton Bohanna

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Seems to be the MO on this draft class, the more I watch the more I understand that the blue collar lunch pail mentality was a common trait with these picks.
Yes and we’ve needed much more of that for a LONG time.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I like the late round pick cuz of the concept of finally bringing in a big body to stuff the run. All that's all Bohanna does and that's all we need him to do.
1st and 2nd down player who will always be just a two-down player, and never on field in nickel and obvious pass situations.

He's gonna be either/both a 3-4 NT, or a 1 tech in 4 man front on early run downs; what we hope he does is clog run lanes in the interior, and be enough of a
pure physical force to demand occupying two blockers.

i'd like to see more film sessions on him. One well known Tuber said Quinton seems like he's on the ground too often
- and you never want your linemen-whether DL or OL hitting the ground on such a basis.

Profile scouting report has him as a pure space clogger who can bring power and knock center
Coaches will have to work with him on lower pad level, not getting too high, tall and upright coming out of his stance, and learning how to bend and use his knees more,
also the issue of maintaining/controlling his weight, (was reportedly 357 lbs on his Pro Day)
Actually he was down to 327 on his pro day, but yes, guys his size always have to monitor their weight.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lets go Bo!!..dont listen to the haters , listen to the pro coaches and do one thing great, plug the middle, stop the run..thats all we need..

this team's overflowing with these so called new age nfl DL that all are supposed to be great pass rushers and stop the run..those are unicorns..

DL rotations are just for that, create matchup issues with groups not one Player..

Osi next to Bo cold be great middle DL for run situations especially short yardage and GL....mixed in with Urban/watkins etc even more options..

this place wants to mock the draft picks and FAs but i believe this was the plan and it appears so far to be exactly what they wanted..

I mean Urban was the 3rd rated run defender in the nfl, you get Bo and OSi all known for the run game being their strengths. We already have woods, hill, gallimore, that are the hybrid types..

I say Quinn and the DLC will find some great parings to meet lots of situational football..an actual full offseason will help so much compared to last year..

JeffInDC

Reaction score
I like the late round pick cuz of the concept of finally bringing in a big body to stuff the run. All that's all Bohanna does and that's all we need him to do.
1st and 2nd down player who will always be just a two-down player, and never on field in nickel and obvious pass situations.

He's gonna be either/both a 3-4 NT, or a 1 tech in 4 man front on early run downs; what we hope he does is clog run lanes in the interior, and be enough of a
pure physical force to demand occupying two blockers.

i'd like to see more film sessions on him. One well known Tuber said Quinton seems like he's on the ground too often
- and you never want your linemen-whether DL or OL hitting the ground on such a basis.

Profile scouting report has him as a pure space clogger who can bring power and knock center
Coaches will have to work with him on lower pad level, not getting too high, tall and upright coming out of his stance, and learning how to bend and use his knees more,
also the issue of maintaining/controlling his weight, (was reportedly 357 lbs on his Pro Day)

He was actually 327 at his Pro Day. His interview at the Pro Day revealed he played the bowl game @ 332. He then talked about how he feels so much better at that weight, quicker, etc. If he can stay around 330 and get more range (he’s already surprisingly quick off the snap), he could be a late-round find. Kid has some VIOLENT hands.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems to be the MO on this draft class, the more I watch the more I understand that the blue collar lunch pail mentality was a common trait with these picks.

The more I look, the more I see the 3-4 defensive players that they were going for. Free agency and Watkins and Urban should have been the tip-off, but it didn't click for me until Dan Quinn recently said it. These decisions make much more sense to me now.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Lets go Bo!!..dont listen to the haters , listen to the pro coaches and do one thing great, plug the middle, stop the run..thats all we need..

this team's overflowing with these so called new age nfl DL that all are supposed to be great pass rushers and stop the run..those are unicorns..

DL rotations are just for that, create matchup issues with groups not one Player..

Osi next to Bo cold be great middle DL for run situations especially short yardage and GL....mixed in with Urban/watkins etc even more options..

this place wants to mock the draft picks and FAs but i believe this was the plan and it appears so far to be exactly what they wanted..

I mean Urban was the 3rd rated run defender in the nfl, you get Bo and OSi all known for the run game being their strengths. We already have woods, hill, gallimore, that are the hybrid types..

I say Quinn and the DLC will find some great parings to meet lots of situational football..an actual full offseason will help so much compared to last year..
Q-BO!!!!!!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m pulling for any big guy. Bohanna included.

And drafting him is more confirmation that this defense is moving toward more 3-4 stuff.
What if he eats everyone else's food and the rest of the D-Linemen will get smaller?

Kalyan

Reaction score
Long NT, which is great. And he played really well for Kentucky. Probably not going to offer much rush, but he could be a valuable piece to the puzzle.

These videos are a nice reminder that these are people with their own hopes, fears and challenges to overcome.
he needs to only push the pocket a little so QB don't step up and DEs get the QB in a smaller pocket