1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Get your popcorns ready!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Hawkeye0202

Hawkeye0202 Well-Known Member

9,679 Messages
    16,573 Likes Received
    Things are about to get crazy........:yourock::oldcouple::dance::dance:

Last min predictions on Dak and Coop?

Dak deal gets done

Coop gets the non-exclusive tag

Let's :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
    817Gill likes this.
  2. SeanLee50

SeanLee50 Well-Known Member

15,948 Messages
    25,695 Likes Received
    I’ll stick by my earlier prediction

Cooper signs a 3-4 deal

Dak franchised

All happens minutes before the deadline

3. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

18,917 Messages
    16,371 Likes Received
    I think the Dak deal gets done as well as Cooper.

4. Aerolithe_Lion

Aerolithe_Lion Well-Known Member

4,368 Messages
    3,916 Likes Received
    Today before tags?

5. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

8,235 Messages
    6,975 Likes Received
    I think they tag dak and cooper walks

6. cowboyblue22

cowboyblue22 Well-Known Member

8,235 Messages
    6,975 Likes Received
    I think with the shape the country is in the nfl is going to get a bad look with all these players getting millions of dollars and things not so good for everday people

JohnBoy likes this.
  7. Rockport

Rockport AmberBeer Zone Supporter

18,917 Messages
    16,371 Likes Received
    Yes before 11am CST for Dak. Cooper's deal may take a bit longer so they may have to tag him but negotiate a deal in the next couple of days.

8. Hawkeye19

Hawkeye19 Well-Known Member

3,359 Messages
    8,383 Likes Received
    Coop signs a 3 year deal... Dak gets tagged and pouts and hands start wringing around CowboyNation about him not participating in team activities

ShortRound131, pjtoadie and stasheroo like this.
  9. SeanLee50

SeanLee50 Well-Known Member

15,948 Messages
    25,695 Likes Received
    My worry is we don’t lock him up. New England or Philly back up the brinks truck and he’s gone

Rockport likes this.
  10. fansince68

fansince68 Well-Known Member

1,869 Messages
    1,442 Likes Received
    Whaattt? We signed Terrel Owen's to fill the void of Phillys signing of Cooper....

11. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

26,202 Messages
    14,681 Likes Received
    Dak signs, Cooop gets T-Bagged....:facepalm:

12. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

5,127 Messages
    4,877 Likes Received
    Probably,,
    I remember before Coop came to Dallas, there really wasn't a Dak Love vs Dak Hate mob.
    Coop created the Dak love, because he instantly made Dak somewhat relevant.
    Dak should be smart enough, seems to be smart enough to understand that he needs a true WR1 like he already has in Coop, chemistry established.
    Dak should be man enough to slap some sense into the fresh Prince, Todd France, and tell him that his security blanket in Coop needs to be part of the deal, and if that
    requires just a little bit less to make it happen, then get this done.
    We are not talking much when we are talking millions...lol... but just maybe 1.2m less from Daks side, gets both deals easily done.

CF74 likes this.
  13. CowboyFanInLexKy

CowboyFanInLexKy Well-Known Member

533 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    I think it's the other way around... Coop gets signed and Dak gets T-Bagged...

CF74 likes this.
  14. noshame

noshame I'm not dead yet...... Zone Supporter

8,253 Messages
    5,809 Likes Received
    As usual Jerry will over-pay everybody

CF74 and cheftjpeck like this.
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

79,688 Messages
    53,635 Likes Received
  16. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

79,688 Messages
    53,635 Likes Received
    Allowing Cooper to walk would be stupid.

Spend a 1st round pick on a guy and then a year and a half later he walks away???

:banghead:

maryquality, SeanLee50 and CF74 like this.
  17. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

15,400 Messages
    13,856 Likes Received
    I was able to trade our entire team in Madden for the first 16 picks in this draft so eager to see how this will play out.

cheftjpeck and pjtoadie like this.
  18. cheftjpeck

cheftjpeck Well-Known Member

1,085 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    As usual Stephen Jones overplays his hand and we lose one of them at least and tag the other .. and he immediately comes out and says they are his guys and no one worry the deals will get done ..

19. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

20,308 Messages
    17,043 Likes Received
    I think Dak gets the exclusive franchise tag and Coop is left unprotected from FA but does eventually get a deal with the Cowboys. Dak is telling the Cowboys FO to go ahead and tag Coop because he(Dak) is a Cowboy no matter what and will work exclusively with the Cowboys to get the long term deal done. But he is also saying he isn't showing up until he has a deal. That's leverage that Dallas does not need to give Dak. They will tag him. Its up to Dak to sign it and oh by the way, he just got tagged as I have been anticipating all along. Exclusive!

20. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

11,658 Messages
    4,929 Likes Received
    the notion that a QB can just do it all by himself is assinine...brees is great, but he has Thomas...so is brees worthless? not as good? Brady had Gronk and we saw without Gronk and still having Edleman and despite the great OL and good running game, the offense struggled. so lets take away Thomas from Brees and see what happens. we know what happened when we took Gronk away from Brady. plenty of examples of that.

the question is given weapons and every NFL team who has succeeded has weapons, what can you do and what can you accomplish with those weapons....Dak with cooper has been elite...that's what you expect when you put two players of that caliber together.

and not supporting or being against dak. Tag is 33. this year, probably 37 next year and 40+ the year after...based on franchise tag values over the past few years. so a three year average of about 37M....why would dak take 33? tannehill just took 29.5. so the numbers aren't outrageous. and its typical negotiations....you start low, they start high. they ask for 40, you give 33. and eventually meet in the middle. based on the rumors, Dak wants a shorter term contract, the cowboys want longer.

in about 2 years, the numbers will look reasonable. just like Cousins deal or Ryan's deal both of which were outrageous when initially signed.