Getting from here to there with Dak

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Of course.

It's all very confusing and seems to morph from time to time..

But..

Here's where I get bogged down.

This spending all this money with Dak and so much more..

in a season that might be heavily modified in order to play it..

seem sort of hollow to me.

Like when they played the Labor Strike games with scab players..

and Dallas had players break the strike and cross the picket lines..

nothing came of it. It was mainly a forgettable season due to what happened.

Is this season going to end any different?

Spending enormous amounts on one player in Dak

plus investing in another half dozen to support the Alpha player paid the big money..

should move you to the head of the line.

Right.?

Of course the negative coaching and ownership structure has negated pass progress.

This is our dilemma.. now we have fixed things?

Fixed the coaching we think..

muzzled the owner and son to stay off the field and stay in their offices we hope..

and now it means if we just lob millions on the QB position..

we good to go?

It's like everybody is waiting for the last shoe to drop.

Then our problems are solved.?

Hmmm..

We shall see. They haven't even explained how the games will be played yet.

Long way to go and given what's happening there is going to be a million reasons why all of this we are so excited about maybe fruitless.

I am wondering if they are going to asterisk this season as a less than validated season in the record books.

If you win the SB..will it be considered as the others have been revered.

That is the getting from here to there.

Will wrestling over all this stuff of contracts, caps and the division be worth it and really notable?

I am not sure. I need other opinions. Mine alone are rarely on point for some of you.

So show me how it should be done.

Over to you

JBS

Reaction score
What's the alternative? Letting your qb walk bc you are afraid of coronavirus? Man that sounds like a great plan

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course.

But..

plus investing in another half dozen to support the Alpha player paid the big money..

Right.?

Of course the negative coaching and ownership structure has negated pass progress.

muzzled the owner and son to stay off the field and stay in their offices we hope..

we good to go?

Hmmm..

Long way to go and given what's happening there is going to be a million reasons why all of this we are so excited about maybe fruitless.

I am wondering if they are going to asterisk this season as a less than validated season in the record books.

Will wrestling over all this stuff of contracts, caps and the division be worth it and really notable?

I am not sure. I need other opinions. Mine alone are rarely on point for some of you.

Over to you

mr Redball---- i am so burnt out about this Dak contract war.....i understand QB may be most important position and the way the chips have fallen now good QB's make ten times some good players make at other postions

does not seem right to me at all....i can see resentment building in locker rooms over such a disparity...and rightfully so....most all of us would be so happy to make in a lifetime 1 tenth or 1 thirtieth of what Dak will make in

one season.....i understand owners make big money and players need to make more...so CBA guarantees players are to get 48% of the pie....owners 52%....but the amounts are so so much now..compared to players in

70's and 80's who put their same life on the line every sunday for pittence of what players make now....i dont blame a player for getting what they can get...but QB's in my opinion are over paid compared to other postions

even taking in the reality QB has more responsibility....many other postions on NFL teams experience consistently more violence to the body than QB...yes from time to time a QB is hammered...but not so much anymore

due to rule changes.....actually it is beginning to really tick me off how much QB's make compared to their fellow teammates....so i am getting bad taste in my mouth concerning Dak....that is my two cents

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I wonder what we'd do if a cretaceous era sized meteor was on a direct collision course with the earth and nothing we could do about it. And impact was expected to be during football season.

My suggestion would be to start the NFL football season early to beat that meteor to the punch!! :muttley:(Just kidding, of course!)

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
Of course.

But..

Right.?

we good to go?

Hmmm..

Over to you
There has already been a copy of a complete lockout and very late start on a season, in the summer of the lockout by the NFL. No one could issue playbooks or practice until the league was again opened.

It does set an example on how to overcome for teams, and they even have a few more tools now, with the media sources to interact and teach...they at least can interact and progress in the understanding levels.

Immediately when camps are a reality, teams will walk-through and excelerate learning for the highly confused incoming 'rooks.' At least teams have work out plans and playbooks and team meetings via the internet, now...

CCBoy

Reaction score
mr Redball---- i am so burnt out about this Dak contract war.....i understand QB may be most important position and the way the chips have fallen now good QB's make ten times some good players make at other postions

does not seem right to me at all....i can see resentment building in locker rooms over such a disparity...and rightfully so....most all of us would be so happy to make in a lifetime 1 tenth or 1 thirtieth of what Dak will make in

one season.....i understand owners make big money and players need to make more...so CBA guarantees players are to get 48% of the pie....owners 52%....but the amounts are so so much now..compared to players in

70's and 80's who put their same life on the line every sunday for pittence of what players make now....i dont blame a player for getting what they can get...but QB's in my opinion are over paid compared to other postions

even taking in the reality QB has more responsibility....many other postions on NFL teams experience consistently more violence to the body than QB...yes from time to time a QB is hammered...but not so much anymore

due to rule changes.....actually it is beginning to really tick me off how much QB's make compared to their fellow teammates....so i am getting bad taste in my mouth concerning Dak....that is my two cents

If quarterbacks start to influence player trades and team identities, as in the NBA...I think I would revert to a Philadelphia remedy and start inserting batteries into snowballs and start to chunk in large volleys...:)

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak has to prove Garret was holding him and the team back.

Garrett, defense, defensive coaches, special teams.

The Garrett part has already been proven. Once Moore opened up the offense, even with Garretts eventual meddling, the passing game took off.

And its not so much defense and special teams holding Dak back, but the team.

Its not about Dak, its about the Cowboys.

Bohuntr97

Reaction score
I wonder what we'd do if a cretaceous era sized meteor was on a direct collision course with the earth and nothing we could do about it. And impact was expected to be during football season.

Just send Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck up in space with a nuke! It worked in the movie!

blueblood70

Reaction score
The hurdles that may put and asterisk next to this year wont take away but actually add to the intrigue.

this has no parallels at all to a strike shortened scab season .. Id rather see a abridged version of the NBA- let the mavs have their day in the playoffs they earned it already playing 70% of the season and get Luka some much needed playoff experience. I want the Stars who missed what 5 straight seasons of playoffs to have their chance and finish what they started and for sure the NFL has to play,..

its Americas pastime now , we need sports, its the ultimate distraction and brings people together and of the players, owners, and other employees agree to play, let them, play and ill respect them more not less for doing so.. Now Baseball season never started and if they dont play, I wont be disappointed but a 82 game season is better then nothing..

those that think like you and that this is waste , I disagree , its way more obstacles to overcome and find the fortitude to come back and play in spite of a pandemic..

you cant live life scared of the unknown, survival rates are 99.98% for this latest issue at hand..i like those odds..LETS PLAY!

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If quarterbacks start to influence player trades and team identities, as in the NBA...I think I would revert to a Philadelphia remedy and start inserting batteries into snowballs and start to chunk in large volleys...:)

if we lose out on our NFL season because of Corona i am throwing those battery filled snowballs at the commissioner and every other leader