Getting home field throughout the playoffs

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
that's tough. we play Seahawks (win)Eagles, Bills, Dolphins, Detroit, commanders

Eagles play Niners, Cowboys, Seahawks, Giants, Cardinals and Giants

Niners play Niners, Seahawks, Cardinals, Ravens, Commanders, Rams.

Eagles have the easiest road, even if they lose to niners today. toughest for them would be Seahawks.

I am not sure if we can finish undefeated rest of season. so we need both Niners and Eagles to lose two games.
Eagles are just ready to wrap up their murderers' row of games....

We are just getting ready to start ours now.

Everyone has gotten confident after thumping the worst teams in the league by 40....but Seattle was the first medicore team we've played in a while, and we jussst squeaked by them at home. Let's play some real teams...some on the road...and win 1 or 2 legit games before we start worrying about "winning out". It's kinda like a team that goes undefeated in the preseason and their fans start making superbowl plans.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Everyone has gotten confident after thumping the worst teams in the league by 40....but Seattle was the first medicore team we've played in a while, and we jussst squeaked by them at home. Let's play some real teams...some on the road...and win 1 or 2 legit games before we start worrying about "winning out". It's kinda like a team that goes undefeated in the preseason and their fans start making superbowl plans.
Our defense has to play better if we are to have a chance

fivetwos

Reaction score
Very unlikely. Matter of fact, the division and the #1 seed could be lost this afternoon if the Eagles win. What is important for the Cowboys is to play their best football when the playoffs start.
Yup, maybe start with figuring out where the line of scrimmage is.

vicjagger

Reaction score
that's tough. we play Seahawks (win)Eagles, Bills, Dolphins, Detroit, commanders

Eagles play Niners, Cowboys, Seahawks, Giants, Cardinals and Giants

Niners play Niners, Seahawks, Cardinals, Ravens, Commanders, Rams.

Eagles have the easiest road, even if they lose to niners today. toughest for them would be Seahawks.

I am not sure if we can finish undefeated rest of season. so we need both Niners and Eagles to lose two games.
That Niners - Niners game is going to be tough to predict. Could go either way...depending on which Niners team(s) show up.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The difference between a 5th and 1st seed is enormous.

#1 Seed. They only have to play two games to get to the SB. They only have to play one of the big 3 in the NFC, not both. And it's a home game.

#5 Seed. They have to play three playoffs games to reach the SB. Say it's Dallas. They would have to play both away games at 49ers and at Philly.

To me that's a huge difference.
Very likely have to play both of the big 2.

If Dallas is the one seed, Philly is the five seed. They're very likely to win their wild card game. If SF and DET also win, PHI is the lowest remaining seed and they come to Dallas. And SF is likely to advance to the championship game.

ICP

Reaction score
Cowboys win out
17164726.jpeg

Eagles lose against Niners Dallas Seahawks
Niners lose 1 more game

How possible is this scenario?
Sorry, I just don't see this team running the table vs Philly, Buffalo, Miami, and Detroit.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Possible but very very highly not likely. Eagles lose to 49ers, possibly to us, but not Seattle.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I don't care as long as we beat the Eagles. You can lose against Miami or the Bills, it's not the end of the world. If this team is for real, they will be able to win an away game or two. Enough with the excuses. Win in January, no matter where you play.

starfan1

Reaction score
Yah that Arizone loss for sure never should have happened. I think Dallas way underrated them and got caught in a trap game. Had this updated offense been in effect earlier in the season I don't think that loss happens.
I also think we were missing 2 or 3 starters on the offensive line although I’m not sure that was reason for loss

Red zone struggles and giving up over 209 yards rushing may have been more the culprit

Flamma

Reaction score
Very likely have to play both of the big 2.

If Dallas is the one seed, Philly is the five seed. They're very likely to win their wild card game. If SF and DET also win, PHI is the lowest remaining seed and they come to Dallas. And SF is likely to advance to the championship game.
I think Detroit is losing to the 6th seed in the playoffs. That kind of alters things. It's very possible.

jhj7098

Reaction score
Cowboys are not going to win out ending with the Eagles, @Bills, @Dolphins, Lions left on the schedule.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Yah that Arizone loss for sure never should have happened. I think Dallas way underrated them and got caught in a trap game. Had this updated offense been in effect earlier in the season I don't think that loss happens.
We were down 3 OL, and we just lost Diggs, and AZ was desperate and have a HC who knows us well.

I don’t think we underestimated them. I think the offense was stale in the first part of the year and the D took a hit when Diggs went out.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score

The way Philly lost on Sunday is the worst thing that could’ve happened… At least in terms of playing them this weekend. I hate getting teams the week after they are embarrassed.