Getting To Know WR Kelton Tindal

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Getting To Know WR Kelton Tindal
January 23rd, 2010 By De'Angelo Bryant
http://draftnasty.com/insider_blogs/d_angelo/getting-to-know-wr-kelton-tindal/

Last spring, Newberry’s Kelton Tindal was clocked running as low as sub 4.2 at his Junior Pro Day. Tindal has drawn comparisons to former South Carolina standout Troy Williamson because of his speed and athleticism at the WR position. The 6’3 fleet footed athlete earned consecutive All-SAC conference honors in his final two seasons at Newberry. Tindal recently sat down with DraftNasty’s Chief Reporter De’Angelo Bryant to discuss his upcoming preparations for the NFL Draft.

Q: In high school you were a 100 and 400 meter state champion. Do you feel track has helped you become a better football player?

A: I also won state in the 4x100 relay. But I ran track because I knew coming out of high school I had to stay in shape for football, so I ran track to stay in shape. Track did help me out with football, because it helps my speed.

Q: Besides your speed, what other attributes do you feel like you have that will make you a threat at the next level?

A: I think my height and my work ethic.

Q: Last season against Catawba, you put up some remarkable numbers you just don't find in an average game (2 catches for 143 yards and 2 touchdowns). Would you say that was your best career game?

A: I wouldn't say that was my best game of my career, but it was one of them.

Q: Reportedly, NFL scouts have clocked you at as low as a 4.2 last spring, do you feel a sub 4.1 is a possibility? Is that a personal goal for you?

A:I don't think (I know). I just got to have faith and believe in myself, because that's something I want to do and I'm working hard to do that. I'm just going to run and hope for the best.

Q: DraftNasty noticed Newberry used you in multiple offensive schemes to get you free on a lot of loose defensive coverages. Do you feel like that has given you an advantage going to the next level? If so, why do you feel this way?

A: I don't think that gave me an advantage, I just will be used to playing inside and outside. But no, I don't think it's an advantage.

Q: What are your preparations leading up to you pre-draft workouts?

A: Just working out hard, do route running, know how to work when my body when tired, and just stay positive with myself.

Q: You will be participating in the Texas vs. the Nation game on February 6th in Texas. What do you feel it is important show NFL scouts during that week of practice?

A: I want to show them Kelton Tindal... Routes, speed, catching, blocking, and endurance (show them what type of work ethic I have) (Just get after it).

Q: What do you feel you need to improve on before going to the next level?

A: Routes, strength.

Q: Here at DraftNasty, we've compared you to former South Carolina standout WR Troy Williamson, who was drafted in the 1st Round in 2005. Are there any other WR's (retired or active) that you idealize your game after?

A: I look at all the WR's when I watch NFL or college football. I look to see how they get off the press, I look to see what they do to get open (routes). But I look at YouTube and study Jerry Rice's routes, and Steve Smith.

Q: After speaking with former Newberry quarterback Eric McCollum, he went on record to say you never dropped a pass in a game he has played with you. What is going through your mind when the ball is thrown your way?

A: Just stay calm, don't over think

Q: A lot of Division II players get overlooked in the NFL Draft. If there was anything you could to say to convince a team to draft you, what would it be?

A: They would get a player that wants to work, a player that is going to give his all (120%, a player that wants to learn, an honest player, someone they can trust, and someone they can count on all day, everyday. I also have good moral character and never been in trouble with the law.

Q: With all the preparation leading up to the NFL Draft, are there things you are learning about the NFL that you were unaware of?

A: Yes; routes, watch more and more film of your opponent.

Q: Tell us one thing most people don't know about Kelton Tindal.

A: Besides football, Kelton Tindal will give to others if they need it. I'm a caring person and always thank God when something good comes my way.

Thank you for taking the time to sit down with DraftNasty.com. On behalf of all of us here at DraftNasty we wish you the best of luck leading up to the 2010 NFL Draft.

Got an item? Please send an email to PR@draftynasty.com