Giants acquiring TE Darren Waller for a 3rd round pick

Ken

Reaction score
Good trade for them, surprised the Raiders gave up on Waller already.

Mr_437

Reaction score
They could have just drafted a tight end.
Yep. They drafted a guy last year, and I think they got a young Stanford TE too...so they probably wanted a veteran to help those guys. I'm with ya though.

slick325

Reaction score
Good pickup by the Giants. Didn't cost too much either.

As an aside, a trade by any team for Kyle Pitts is gonna cost at least a 2nd round pick. Doubt Atlanta moves on from him this early anyway.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Feels like an overpay to me from NY, however if Waller is both healthy and his head is in it there is no doubt he can be a factor from the TE position. Big money TE now north of 30 who has been injury prone the last two years. For a 3rd I'd rather have been in on the Jalen Ramsey deal than this one.

Creeper

Reaction score
If Waller can stay healthy, he is a good pick-up for the Giants. He is a big threat, especially on 3rd down. The Giants are getting serious about winning the division.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey (3rd rounder, yes another pay day).
Darren Waller (4th rounder basically, going to get a payday).

Derrick Henry is out there. We want to keep Zeke and pay Pollard the same as Derrick Henry.
Deandre Hopkins is available also.

You get those 2 players ad get another starter in the draft and you're not the favorite in the NFC to go to the Superbowl?

You got them for 2 years in their primes still and then they're both off the books not affecting your cap.

What's the excuse?

Keep your 1st and get Jalen Carter. Yeah, he's got some issues which is why he'll slip but he's probably the best player in the draft.

Tell me how you get 3 players like that on this team and get you another starting CB and we're not stacked across the board? As talented as any team in the league on both sides of the ball.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Waller numbers have dropped the last 2 years but his pay has not. I still think it is a good move for NY but not sure how good of a move. We will see

Loso86

Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey (3rd rounder, yes another pay day).
Darren Waller (4th rounder basically, going to get a payday).

Derrick Henry is out there. We want to keep Zeke and pay Pollard the same as Derrick Henry.
Deandre Hopkins is available also.

You get those 2 players ad get another starter in the draft and you're not the favorite in the NFC to go to the Superbowl?

You got them for 2 years in their primes still and then they're both off the books not affecting your cap.

What's the excuse?

Keep your 1st and get Jalen Carter. Yeah, he's got some issues which is why he'll slip but he's probably the best player in the draft.

Tell me how you get 3 players like that on this team and get you another starting CB and we're not stacked across the board? As talented as any team in the league on both sides of the ball.
Complain about paying Zeke and Pollard but want to trade for a guy in the down end of career and want to lay him lol

quickccc

Reaction score
Good move for the Giants.
Thank goodness Dallas has several guys who can cover Waller from the Safety position.
yes, Waller is a beast to have to contend with.
Dude can really manuever and move with athleticism and size.

Don't understand why Daniels is giving up on him.
He's gonna do a Chuckie Gruden and get rid of all leftovers and it will eventually cost him his job.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Don't understand why Daniels is giving up on him.
He's gonna do a Chuckie Gruden and get rid of all leftovers and it will eventually cost him his job.
Yep. Probably drafting Michael Mayer to be Baby Gronk.