Giants add WR Parris Campbell in affordable 1-year deal

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Agreed but if Jerrah is going to go all in and had to cut his stepson (Zeke) you know he will need a marketing replacement. Hello to OBJ…….
In Jerry's world, marketing and increasing his $$$$$$$$$ pockets is easier and better than seriously trying to reach or win another Super Bowl.

conner01

Reaction score
OBJ now not OBJ early career.
No he’s not and that’s why I would pay him like he is. No one is paying him 20 mil and I would pay him close to it unless it was mostly incentives. I’d just go get Hopkins if he would agree to play out his present contract or a realistic extension
The guys who are worth top money aren’t available and the rest may need time to let that sink in. I would have went after jacoby Meyer myself

Kumbaya

Reaction score
And now Slayton. I really thought they would bring in a legit #1.. I just don't see it on that list. Maybe the draft?
Yeah, I just heard Slayton re-signed with NY. Can’t say I’m doing cartwheels over this signing, but he is fast and has been somewhat productive. I guess there is Nothing wrong with competition and unfortunately, NY has a way of having many of their skilled players in streetclothes watching from the press box or hospital.

We still need that #1 guy….I suppose we might try to draft this guy in round one in April. I don’t see OBJ or Judge Judy coming to NY.

rambo2

Reaction score
The interesting thing is with so much 'talk' about OBJ to Dallas, based on stats Campbell would add what OBJ adds for over half the price.
Will be real interesting when the Giants come up at pick 25 and JSN and or Flowers are on the board with Dallas picking right behind them.

75boyz

Reaction score
Yeah,
Their receiving corps was probably the worst in the league last year so this is a start for them.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
The Giants will sweep us - no question.

We are a dumpster
Because they signed Parris Campbell? Does he bring a broom with him from Indy to sweep Dallas?

Meanwhile the Cowboys just re-signed one of the best safeties in the league in Wilson, traded for a starting corner in Gilmore, and got rid of the worst contract in football with Zeke and they are in a dumpster?

RandyOh

Reaction score
He’s a possession receiver. I’d rather have Chark or the guy that Campbell is replacing in NY, Slayton.
I agree. might get into a bidding war for Chark but Slayton would be very solid depth a WR. Should come cheap too

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Slayton's already back to the Giants.

Yep, Slayton was re-signed today and now Chark is visiting Carolina tomorrow. OBJ or bust it seems. Not good considering at least 5 teams want OBJ. We may just end up re-signing Schultz.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Giants signed WR Parris Campbell, formerly of the Colts, to a one-year, $3 million contract.​

Another $4 million are available through incentives. Campbell joins the Giants after a career year, posting a 63/623/3 line on 91 targets as the Colts' No. 2 receiver. 2022 was the first full season for Campbell, who was limited to 15 games his first three years due to injuries. With only Isaiah Hodgins returning and Wan'Dale Robinson and Sterling Shepard coming off injuries, there's a clear path to targets for Campbell if he can stay healthy. Campbell should open 2023 in a top-three role.

Nice addition to the Giants and given the price tag he could have been a nice addition to Dallas given Gallup's continued return to form from his injury and loss of Noah Brown.
Championship :muttley:

eromeopolk

Reaction score

Giants signed WR Parris Campbell, formerly of the Colts, to a one-year, $3 million contract.​

Another $4 million are available through incentives. Campbell joins the Giants after a career year, posting a 63/623/3 line on 91 targets as the Colts' No. 2 receiver. 2022 was the first full season for Campbell, who was limited to 15 games his first three years due to injuries. With only Isaiah Hodgins returning and Wan'Dale Robinson and Sterling Shepard coming off injuries, there's a clear path to targets for Campbell if he can stay healthy. Campbell should open 2023 in a top-three role.

Nice addition to the Giants and given the price tag he could have been a nice addition to Dallas given Gallup's continued return to form from his injury and loss of Noah Brown.
He was a burner out of Ohio St. before NFL injuries.