Giants and Eaglets jump out to a quick lead

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
Two nice signings and Giants talking to Arrington, we need to get the ball rolling......

sago1

Reaction score
I had hoped we would have announced at least 1 signing by this time. Eagles are off and running with great pick up. They saw a need (Fraley getting older/injuried & his young backup obviously not viewed as starting material by them). We have Johnson whom Parcells disappointed enough in to try playing Gurode several times--but he obviously wasn't the answer either at center or guard but we'll probably stick with them for another year unless we sign the 35 year old Mawae. Approve of signing Mawae cause he big upgrade over Johnson/Gurode but we lucky to get 1-2 years out of him and then we start all over again.

Now at RT we possibly going to sign Fabini at RT; yes that's an upgrade over Pettiti, but he turning 32 in August. Jets cut Fabini cause of salary cap but they could have resigned him for less if he/they wanted to. Instead they bringing in Ashworth & another young OT for a look. Cowboys aren't interested in signing Ashworth cause he wants the big bucks. Assume Fabini can be signed for lot less but he only makes sense if we drafting OT in early rounds as his or Adams successor.

If we adding OL help, I'd like to see at least 1 of them under 30. We also not going after FS Chris Hope cause he wants too much; probably will sign the Texan FS whom Parcells (and Glenn) know well. Again, he's older. Why do I have this sinking feeling all of the FAs we sign will be over 30--except Longwell. Yes, we'll shooting for SB this year but what happens if we don't make it this year. Can we make it in 07 or will too many of our over 30 age guys, unable to cut by then.

And before anybody accuses me wanting to sign lot of high priced players, etc., I don't want sign lot but certainly want to see at least 1 new starter (don't include Longwell) under 30. Pick any one of the following -- Hutchinson, Bentley (he's gone now), Ashworth, Hope, WR Jevon Walker (be daring & offer Packers conditional 2nd or 3rd round pick in 07 (low round pick in 06) for him, etc. Skins going after 49er WR who RFA so they would have to give first rounder for him, but instead they packaging pick this year & conditional next year. Frankly it sounds to me like both Eagles, Giants & Skins also going for it this year.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
teams that jump in and make immediate signings -- especially of mid range FAs overpay. also, you can be sure most agents don't have these mid range guys as their first priority -- so it would be almost impossible to sign someone like Longwell today.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Stop panicking. It's still early and the people we want are still out there. I don't think Bentley was really in the plans because of the price tag he was wanting.

Also, don't get hung up on the age of players. BP and JJ are wanting proven veterans to make a push this year. BP doesn't care what shape the franchise is in when he leaves, he wants to get his SB ring with the Boys now. If that means signing veterans at the cost of ignoring youth, they are going to do it.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Arrington met w/Miami yesterday... and he's scheduled to meet w/the Giants in the next few days. For all his talk about wanting to play in the NFC East, he'll go where the money is... And Miami would be a good landing spot.

I'm not worried about either of the Eagles and Giants moves, cuz I don't believe Bentley or Arrington was even on the 'boys radar.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Arrington met w/Miami yesterday... and he's scheduled to meet w/the Giants in the next few days. For all his talk about wanting to play in the NFC East, he'll go where the money is... And Miami would be a good landing spot.

I'm not worried about either of the Eagles and Giants moves, cuz I don't believe Bentley or Arrington was even on the 'boys radar.
Agreed. I don't think EITHER was even considered here. However, I'd much prefer them to go outside the division, or better yet, outside the conference.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl said:

I'm in 100% agreement on that.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Edited: Nevermind ...most people already know anyway!

Yeah, too bad that amazing Eagles signing is now sporting a Browns uni

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Looks like its still 0-0-0 - no ones signed anyone yet out of the those three teams.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
its still too early to panic, i mean come on FA just started. Now if a lot of players start signing with other teams then yeah we can start panicking

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Edited: Nevermind ...most people already know anyway!

What did you do wit them "cheesesteaks on the house"? Throw them in the trash! :laugh2:

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
There is no Free Agency Scoreboard. Free Agency is evaluated by how well the team addresses it's needs, while still leaving them financially healthy enough to address pending Free Agents of their own like Roy Williams, Witten, etc. in the future.

It's sort of like women's basketball, not real entertaining, but fundamentally sound.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
5Stars said:
What did you do wit them "cheesesteaks on the house"? Throw them in the trash! :laugh2:

One thing about those cheesesteaks ...you can have them for leftovers the next day!;)

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
One thing about those cheesesteaks ...you can have them for leftovers the next day!;)

No, you can't... there is no way any NORMAL human being can not finish off a good cheesesteak in a single sitting...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
silverbear said:
No, you can't... there is no way any NORMAL human being can not finish off a good cheesesteak in a single sitting...

ESPECIALLY the one's made in Philly! Now, that is some good sandwich...with those big, long, fat, greasy fries! Good stuff...!! Wish I had that right now! ;)