Giants and Jets

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Giants with the ball. Nice slant in by Plaxico. Good run by Barber.

Another catch by Plaxico. He's being played very soft by Law though.

The Giants will not be easy to beat. Doesn't seem they are too much these days.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
the skins and steelers are fixing to come on here in tx. looking to see how the skins look.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
both us and the Giants are going to be good this year, that's 2 pieces of the puzzle that are starting to come together to make the East a beast again, forget you Foreskins! lol

JDSmith

Reaction score
Giants and Jets both look lousy. Pennington throws a pick from the 1 yard line by throwing the ball DIRECTLY to Strahan who was in coverage on the TE in the endzone. Strahan tries to run the ball out and gets tackled at the 1. Next play Cloud runs into Hasselbeck trying to get the handoff, they fumble the ball and the Jets fall on it for a TD. Since I don't root for either team it's downright comical.

ravidubey

Reaction score
The Giants are a real sleeper team and can beat anybody in the NFL. You can't beat their receivers for size and power. Burress, Shockey, and Toomer are going to be nice targets for Manning.

ghst187

Reaction score
sleeping Giants....is what they'll be....they can rise up and beat anyone...I think they'll take one from Philly...but still will retain the capacity to lose to anyone
Giants have enough talent to do something but I don't think they'll have the consistency....just like one of their players whose name rhymes with...Shockey

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
summerisfunner said:
both us and the Giants are going to be good this year, that's 2 pieces of the puzzle that are starting to come together to make the East a beast again, forget you Foreskins! lol

I don't know what people are seeing in the Giants. Their offense is anemic. They simply can't score. I personally think they are in for a long year.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
JDSmith said:
Giants and Jets both look lousy. Pennington throws a pick from the 1 yard line by throwing the ball DIRECTLY to Strahan who was in coverage on the TE in the endzone. Strahan tries to run the ball out and gets tackled at the 1. Next play Cloud runs into Hasselbeck trying to get the handoff, they fumble the ball and the Jets fall on it for a TD. Since I don't root for either team it's downright comical.
It was billed as a major grudge match off that scrimmage-brawl earlier this preseason, in addition to being the annual NY 'bragging rights' game.

But it did end up looking more a comedy...with a few tragi-scenes, like Dewayne Robertson breaking his hand on a Hasselback sack (he claims he will play with the cast). The Jets also lost a promising rookie db or the season on a knee injury. The Jints had yet another Petigout scare.

Even the comedies take their toll...blasted preseason.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We would be foolish to take anyone lightly including the Giants and the Commanders. JMO.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ravidubey said:
The Giants are a real sleeper team and can beat anybody in the NFL. You can't beat their receivers for size and power. Burress, Shockey, and Toomer are going to be nice targets for Manning.

I bet they dont win 6 games

Burress, Shockey and Manning are all quality candidates for the all overrated team

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Sarge said:
I don't know what people are seeing in the Giants. Their offense is anemic. They simply can't score. I personally think they are in for a long year.

agree 100%...

they'll have a good battle with the Skins for last place

David

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967 said:
agree 100%...

they'll have a good battle with the Skins for last place

David

Very boring team. We can't take ANYONE lightly and I don't know who suggested that but having said that, the Giants are very average.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Sarge said:
Very boring team. We can't take ANYONE lightly and I don't know who suggested that but having said that, the Giants are very average.

Sarge we don't disagree often and you may very well be right about the Giants.

We do agree we have no right to take anyone lightly. We need to go into every game with a chip on our shoulders. I don't say we shouldn't be confident. But we definitely have to prove we are contenders.

I think the Giants will be difficult for us offensively. If we can get to Manning and he is not quite ready for a lot of pressure then we should win that battle. But Barber tends to damage us a lot. Manning will be better and the Giants overall should be improved. Their defense may not equal ours. At least I hope so.

I think we will be better but I want to see it.

The Skins should be a good team defensively. I'm not sure offensively. And I don't know how well they will do against our run offense. And all the jokes about Gibbs are not applicable as far as I'm concerned. I still fear the man's ability to be successful. Until he shows me he can't be then he has all my respect. He's always been successful in everything he's ever done.

Having said that I still expect to sweep the Skins and at least break even with the Giants.

We'll see.

TobiasEagle77

Reaction score
ghst187 said:
sleeping Giants....is what they'll be....they can rise up and beat anyone...I think they'll take one from Philly...but still will retain the capacity to lose to anyone
Giants have enough talent to do something but I don't think they'll have the consistency....just like one of their players whose name rhymes with...Shockey
Except for the part about beating the Eagles, I agree with everything you're saying here.

In true form, the Giants will probably beat the Vikings and lose to the 49ers this year.

I actually think the Giants and Jets will both be very good this year. I think the Jets are a superbowl contender, and the Giants will be in the playoff race.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jobberone said:
Sarge we don't disagree often and you may very well be right about the Giants.

We do agree we have no right to take anyone lightly. We need to go into every game with a chip on our shoulders. I don't say we shouldn't be confident. But we definitely have to prove we are contenders.

I think the Giants will be difficult for us offensively. If we can get to Manning and he is not quite ready for a lot of pressure then we should win that battle. But Barber tends to damage us a lot. Manning will be better and the Giants overall should be improved. Their defense may not equal ours. At least I hope so.

I think we will be better but I want to see it.

The Skins should be a good team defensively. I'm not sure offensively. And I don't know how well they will do against our run offense. And all the jokes about Gibbs are not applicable as far as I'm concerned. I still fear the man's ability to be successful. Until he shows me he can't be then he has all my respect. He's always been successful in everything he's ever done.

Having said that I still expect to sweep the Skins and at least break even with the Giants.

We'll see.

I think Manning is really struggling badly. If we, or anyone puts pressure on him, that team is in trouble. They will stay in games thanks to their defense but they are going to go through some serious growing pains this year. In fact, from what I've seen and read here in NY, Manning is struggling in practice with NO pressure whatsoever. That team is setting themselves up for the future, but IMO, the future isn't this year for them

Barber does tend to give us, in particular, problems. He's a solid, underrated back.

I agree with you Job, we take 2 from the Skins and split w/the Giants. No matter how bad the Giants are - they are a scrappy group that always plays us tough, to their credit.