Giants and JPP Agree To A 1 Year Deal

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Per NFL mobile alert. Someone on twitter should be seeing this breaking news soon.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
JPP trying to sack a QB.

black-knight.jpg

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I imagine the NYG are protecting themselves with a pro-rated deal.

870k per game should be off the table

Rogah

Reaction score
I haven't seen the details, but I can't imagine there is terribly much by way of guarantees. It's a shame what this guy lost due to a moment's carelessness.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I always believe that extreme stupidity should have consequences, JPP certainly earned his.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I haven't seen the details, but I can't imagine there is terribly much by way of guarantees. It's a shame what this guy lost due to a moment's carelessness.

He can max earn 8.6m which is the same rate as the Franchise Tender. I didn't think they would even go that high.

That is if he plays all 10 remaining games and hits some sacks incentives.

Right now his base is 2.5m for the rest of the year, 1.5m guaranteed.

Rogah

Reaction score
He can max earn 8.6m which is the same rate as the Franchise Tender. I didn't think they would even go that high.
I agree, although as you mention it is heavily incentivized and IMHO some of those incentives are not terribly realistic.

I am very interested in following this situation. I think it is pretty safe to assume he will be a UFA, so 32 teams will be watching him very closely over the next couple months.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I agree, although as you mention it is heavily incentivized and IMHO some of those incentives are not terribly realistic.

I am very interested in following this situation. I think it is pretty safe to assume he will be a UFA, so 32 teams will be watching him very closely over the next couple months.

I didn't think he could see the field this year so anything would be a bonus. If he can maintain his strength he could be half decent.

I don't think he can be a force again, but you never know how bad he wants it.