Giants | Arrington impressive so far

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I was a bit iffy on Arrington's knee issues. I do know this, he almost always played his best games against Dallas each year. And for all of the talk of him "freelancing too much" in Gregg Williams' system, he was worlds better than Warrick Holdman last year and their defense greatly improved once he became the starter. I'm a bit worried about him and Strahan coming off the same edge together with Umenyiora from the other side. The one good thing we've got going for us is the 2 TE set could force Arrington into coverage more and if we stay healthy, our receivers could throw their secondary fits. Plus, I'm still not sold on Eli being able to hit the broad side of a barn just yet.

Rich...............................

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
MONT17 said:
Lavar will have 10 sax this year!!!

Really? I heard Bill Clinton has like 2 or 3. I bet they were best friends when both were in Washington!!! :D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
I hope Bobby Carpenter turns out to be more than just a "solid player".

being solid is what holds Lavar back though, missing assignments etc. DeMarcus is our Lavar, glad we didn't pony up the money for him

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
You can find "solid players" on the free agent market, like Al Singleton. I hope we didn't spend the 18th pick in the draft on a glorified Al Singleton. I see no rule in the league where you can't have two difference makers on both outside LB positions. The only thing that held LA back was being hammered as a square peg into a round hole.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
You can find "solid players" on the free agent market, like Al Singleton. I hope we didn't spend the 18th pick in the draft on a glorified Al Singleton. I see no rule in the league where you can't have two difference makers on both outside LB positions.

I dont' think Parcells feels that Carpenter will be just "solid"

I'll go w/ Parcells on this one:

pass on Lavar, draft Carpenter

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
somewhere on extreme we had a thread comparing the team stats when he was out vs in and we were better when he was out.......they even posted a picture.....he got fat.....

he's prolly better NOW but what if he gets banged up "proving himself"......then the skins will look like geniuses......

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
somewhere on extreme we had a thread comparing the team stats when he was out vs in and we were better when he was out.......they even posted a picture.....he got fat.....

he's prolly better NOW but what if he gets banged up "proving himself"......then the skins will look like geniuses......
Thats simply not true and extremeskins has no interest in truth. They are about as reliable as profootballtalk.

Instead of finding magical stats just go look at Arrington's game logs and you'll see when he played a lot of downs and it was against the bigger opponents, namely in the playoffs.

You're brethran can pretend ignorance but his 9 tackles, 1 int, 1 forced fumble game against Tampa(where you won your fiest playoff game in a long whole by 7 points) was probably the best performance of the year by a Commander defender. It was certainly not a good day by a DE in a win by 20 plus points that didn't include any turnovers.

In th end he was released because of money and openly challenging Snyder.

He does have health concerns which is why I noted it helped him to have almost all last year to rest his knee. And yes he does have the scumbag duo as his agents. I am not nominating him for sainthood but I did lobby for his signing because he is a game changing player and catalytic player. In the end we dont speak to the Postons so all we can do is try to block him or run him off in coverage two games this year. I am certainly glad whatever usual anger he plays us with will be lessened by his hatred for all things Snyder.

Cowboy Willie

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Yes he had 4 sacks again Tucker who is no longer on the team, he will be going again Adams this year who he has never had a sack against.

Also he did not have any forced fumbles
Isin't it funny how guys tried to re-structure their contracts the day after playing us. Tucker should be mowing grass somwhere or a security guard at Target.(sheesh...) Our line has to be better than last year. It couldn't be any worse. Arrington freelances way to much to be the difference maker that he could be if he only showed atouch of discipline. Physically, he's just as gifted as Ray Lewis or Derrick Brooks, but I'd take either of them over him any day.

trimee

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell said:
was probably the best performance of the year by a Commander defender

No I would give that award to Daniels, with his 4 sack and a fumble recovery against the 'boys!

trimee

Benched
Reaction score
trimee said:
No I would give that award to Daniels, with his 4 sack and a fumble recovery against the 'boys!
BTW, I realize this is my first post, and won't be a troll (to much)! Just wanted to see what the dark side has to say! Hail!