Giants fans spout that Daboll and Martindale are clear cut advantages

johneric8

Reaction score
I know Daboll and the staff has proven things as assistants and they have a growing reputation, but I'm not so sure that the Giants fans and media are really being objective here...

Big Mike gets lots of slack over here and that goes with the territory but the guy has been around and coached some of the best players in the game and is a Super Bowl winning coach whom typically fields very good teams... Lets not forget Dan Quinn whom is probably the best coordinator in the league and mentor...

I mean, we have the Giants number and Daboll has not been an advantage over Big Mike thus far so what gives? How is the Giants coaching staff heads and shoulders about ours? I don't want gut feelings I want real facts! I just don't see the advantage quite honestly when I look at the history...

Big_D

Reaction score
I know Daboll and the staff has proven things as assistants and they have a growing reputation, but I'm not so sure that the Giants fans and media are really being objective here...

Big Mike gets lots of slack over here and that goes with the territory but the guy has been around and coached some of the best players in the game and is a Super Bowl winning coach whom typically fields very good teams... Lets not forget Dan Quinn whom is probably the best coordinator in the league and mentor...

I mean, we have the Giants number and Daboll has not been an advantage over Big Mike thus far so what gives? How is the Giants coaching staff heads and shoulders about ours? I don't want gut feelings I want real facts! I just don't see the advantage quite honestly when I look at the history...
It’s ridiculous. They are definitely a step up from what they had before, both are smart and got the team pointed in the right direction but any favorable comparisons to McCarthy are laughable at this point.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
All advantages get negated eventually.

What makes a lasting difference is the ability for you to adapt quicker than your competition. The secret to adaptation is experience combined your mindset.

This is what made Garrett a coaching weakness. He was a terrible at adaptation, and thought he could ride out the RB/QB combo as the secret to his offence. He should have had more whistle stops in his career before latching onto the Jones family.

He ended up tiring out both Murray and Elliott and this will be his legacy.

Daboll is relatively new to the game, but before we break out Parcell's anointing oil let's see how he does with a few seasons under his belt.

Even the McVays, Paytons and Shanahans of the league are showing cracks in their armour. The godlike Belicheck is learning the harsh reality of what life is like in the post-Brady (GOAT) era.

plasticman

Reaction score
Micah Parsons, Dorance Armstrong and DeMarcus Lawrence negates that advantage.

Last season they were on Daniel Jones so fast that he couldn't scan the field before he was running for his life. In the second game Parsons had two sacks, two tackles for a loss and two quarterback hits. That doesn't even come close to describing how Parsons was in his face all day long.

johneric8

Reaction score
All advantages get negated eventually.

What makes a lasting difference is the ability for you to adapt quicker than your competition. The secret to adaptation is experience combined your mindset.

This is what made Garrett a coaching weakness. He was a terrible at adaptation, and thought he could ride out the RB/QB combo as the secret to his offence. He should have had more whistle stops in his career before latching onto the Jones family.

He ended up tiring out both Murray and Elliott and this will be his legacy.

Daboll is relatively new to the game, but before we break out Parcell's anointing oil let's see how he does with a few seasons under his belt.

Even the McVays, Paytons and Shanahans of the league are showing cracks in their armour. The godlike Belicheck is learning the harsh reality of what life is like in the post-Brady (GOAT) era.
Nice and informative post with lots of truths.. I guess when I watch the media anointing Daboll and Wink over our guys I had to wonder what reality they're living in you know? I honestly don't think our combo of Big Mike and Quinn get enough credit, and to say that NY staff is heads and shoulders better is the worst bias I've ever seen... This is mainly coming from their message boards, but I guess you're right, it's NY blowhards..
They really are delusional though.. They keep talking about how we lost shultz and kellen moore and how they got better and we didn't which is ridic... I guess they don't realize that Deuce will be a problem and now that Pollard is getting more snaps they will be severely gashed... They also forget about Mazi and Hankins and a beast mode Lion...

Anything can happen, but they're out of control with dellusion..

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah Parsons, Dorance Armstrong and DeMarcus Lawrence negates that advantage.

Last season they were on Daniel Jones so fast that he couldn't scan the field before he was running for his life. In the second game Parsons had two sacks, two tackles for a loss and two quarterback hits. That doesn't even come close to describing how Parsons was in his face all day long.
There just is no accounting for Dorance Armstrong.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

MM and Quinn are probably top 5 of head coaches and assistants in the league. Coaching is far from our problem. If you listen to Cowturd you would think the Cowboys have the worst coaching staff in the history of football.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score

Did ya expect a Giants fan to say differently? Fans talk, however the intelligent ones would agree with you.

Gambit

Reaction score
NY is a big media market. Both the fanbase and media is feeling themselves after making the Playoffs last year.
Bingo! And rightfully so, they are improved and closed the gap some.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
It’s ridiculous. They are definitely a step up from what they had before, both are smart and got the team pointed in the right direction but any favorable comparisons to McCarthy are laughable at this point.
Prophetic words