Giants' favorable schedule

rathalarge

Reaction score
Not just for the rest of this year, but for the (road game) played in the Meadowlands in September against the Saints. Before yesterday, Eli was winless on the road.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Here we go.... :rolleyes:

Cry me a river for God's sake

It happened, its over, move on. NY would have beaten them anywhere

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure, the giants defense was not good the first couple of weeks. And with a healthy deuce the saints could have given them some problems at home

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
TheFuture21 said:
I wouldn't be so sure, the giants defense was not good the first couple of weeks. And with a healthy deuce the saints could have given them some problems at home
You mean at the Alamodome with about 50,000 people, only half of which are Saints fans?

Yeah.... :rolleyes:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
I agree the Giants do have the easiest schedule of anyone in the division. Nothing we can do about it..... we simply need to take care of our own business. We can't afford to give away any more W's.

Giants

11/6 4:05 PM FOX @SF

11/13 1:00 PM FOX MIN

11/20 1:00 PM FOX PHI

11/27 4:15 PM FOX @SEA

12/4 1:00 PM FOX DAL

12/11 4:05 PM FOX @PHI

12/17 5:00 PM CBS KC

12/24 1:00 PM FOX @WAS

12/31 8:00 PM ESPN @OAK

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
I agree the Giants do have the easiest schedule of anyone in the division. Nothing we can do about it..... we simply need to take care of our own business. We can't afford to give away any more W's.

Giants

11/6 4:05 PM FOX @SF

11/13 1:00 PM FOX MIN

11/20 1:00 PM FOX PHI

11/27 4:15 PM FOX @SEA

12/4 1:00 PM FOX DAL

12/11 4:05 PM FOX @PHI

12/17 5:00 PM CBS KC

12/24 1:00 PM FOX @WAS

12/31 8:00 PM ESPN @OAK

I can see a couple of losses there. MIN, SEA, DAL, PHI, WAS are all possible losses. We just need to take care of our own, and we'll be fine.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
cwbyfan72 said:
I can see a couple of losses there. MIN, SEA, DAL, PHI, WAS are all possible losses. We just need to take care of our own, and we'll be fine.

Realistically we need to look at it as the team would. If we win all the remaining games we will win the division. Even if the Giants win all of theirs, except when we play them.

superpunk

Reaction score
cwbyfan72 said:
They're a completely different team on the road. They were begging the 49ers to take the game yesterday, and if the 9ers were anything more than an intramural team they would have. All those road games are very losable for the Giants.

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Here we go.... :rolleyes:

Cry me a river for God's sake

It happened, its over, move on. NY would have beaten them anywhere

Not true... remember, the Saints were just coming off of a victory over Carolina (AT CAROLINA). Who is to say there would not have been a different outcome had the game been held in the friendly confines of a Louisiana stadium - especially considering how badly Eli & Co play away from the Meadowlands?!

31smackdown

Reaction score
Their schedule isn't that much easier... MIN is playing a little better, and they have to play at Seattle and Oak..yeah.. we lost to them... KC is no slouch... Philly is not done, regardless of what everyone is saying... it looks pretty similar to our schedule I think... and we have DET to even it out.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Michael88Irvin said:
Not true... remember, the Saints were just coming off of a victory over Carolina (AT CAROLINA). Who is to say there would not have been a different outcome had the game been held in the friendly confines of a Louisiana stadium - especially considering how badly Eli & Co play away from the Meadowlands?!

The Saints are battling SF for the right to be called the worst team in the NFC

The Carolina win was based on 2 things, chance and emotion

Gordon

Reaction score
Giants and Cowboys have the same exact schedules (even home and away, exactly the same) for 14 games on the schedule. The only difference is they got the Saints and Vikings for those two other games, and we got Carolina and Detroit. Other than that, our schedules are exactly the same. Both teams get the Chiefs and Broncos at home and the Chargers and Raiders on the road, and the Rams and Cards at home and the Seahawks and 49ers on the road. You ask me, the Eagles and Commanders got screwed in the whole deal because they have to play @KC and @DEN. Those are two of the toughest stadiums in the league to win at on the road.

The Giants got those 2 games for coming in 2nd place. We win Week 17 at Giants Stadium last year and we get New Orleans and Minnesota. No one to blame but ourselves.