Giants going after Sam Madison & Pierce is pushing team for Arrington

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
But look what is out there and currently available. Dallas doesn't need an aging corner. I don't think there is anyway Arrington ends up in Dallas (can you say Postons?). Not to mention the fact that he has been a major bust for the most part.

The only guys that are available right now that I'd expect Dallas to consider would be the old Parcells guys. Mawae, Fabini and Coleman. All it takes for those guys is a phone call saying "Let me know what you've got going on, we're interested." They shouldn't burn up the market anyway.

Most smart players shouldn't be signing a deal right now anyway with the uncertainity surrounding the CBA.

And finally for the rest of the free agents, any contact with them is technically tampering. I am not naive to think that Dallas doesn't do it, but at least we aren't hearing about it....which is good.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Ours rival teams in the east are really attacking the FA market early. Reported interests of both teams...

Eagles:
Shawn Barber - They're looking to bring him back and have identified him as one of their priorities.

Jeff Garcia - It's rumored that he will be signed as soon as FA has begun.

LeCharles Bentley - Same rumor as Garcia. Bentley has denied it, but the media evidentally isn't putting much stock into that denial.

Giants:
Deshea Townsend - No doubt that the Giants had a terrible secondary that was often helped out by a tremendous pass russ. Townsend is just the 1st addition.

Sam Madison - Top priority for this team right now. Madison should command a pretty penny though.

Jay Fiedler - The Giants are really the only suitor he has. Coughlin likes him as a backup. They tried to sign him last year before he signed with the Jets.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Doesn't matter what we want to see the Cowboys do or what we think they should do. All that matters is the plan that BP has put together.

If going after any "name" players like Bentley, Arrington, or Mawae are in his plan, then he's obviously just keeping it to himself until the process begins.

More likely, his plan doesn't include any "stars"....he probably has a plan that he'll follow which deals with "under the wire" guys and the draft....frustrating for fans, but it will either work, or he'll be burned in effigy this next season.