Giants kicker arrested for hit and run

John813

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29319071/giants-kicker-aldrick-rosas-arrested-hit-run-charge

Rosas was driving a black Chevrolet SUV at around 8:25 a.m. local time Tuesday morning when a T-bone collision occurred. Witnesses saw Rosas driving erratically over the double yellow lines and at a speed estimated to be 100 mph when he ran a red light and hit a Ford pickup truck.

Rosas, 25, attempted to drive away from the scene of the crash before his vehicle became disabled. He exited and fled the scene on foot without shoes, according to the police report

Flamma

Reaction score
Lucky he didn't kill someone or himself.

Did he think it was the wild west where he can jump off his horse, run over a hill and never be seen again? Why was he running? It's not like he was going to get away. I don't get it.

aria

Reaction score
LOL, read about this earlier. What an idiot, he probably just kissed his NFL career good bye or he might have a future with the Cowboys.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
My question is how is that a misdemeanor? Intoxicated, crossing the double yellows and driving over 100mph? I got charged with felonies for less. I got charged with aggravated assault one time for rapping my knuckles on a wannabe tough guy's window who wouldn't get out of his car after not leaving me alone in traffic. I was in my early 20's and probably wouldn't respond the same way now. Charges were eventually dropped but it cost me some money.

Flamma

Reaction score
My question is how is that a misdemeanor? Intoxicated, crossing the double yellows and driving over 100mph? I got charged with felonies for less. I got charged with aggravated assault one time for rapping my knuckles on a wannabe tough guy's window who wouldn't get out of his car after not leaving me alone in traffic. I was in my early 20's and probably wouldn't respond the same way now. Charges were eventually dropped but it cost me some money.

I looked at that sideways too. I've noticed that you can do the dumbest things while operating a multi ton vehicle and get away fairly light. The most he'll suffer for is the DWI. But he'd get that at 5mph or 100mph. What happened to recklessly endangering the safety of the public? Was he not going fast enough? He didn't kill 3 people by T-boning that vehicle makes it ok? Odd.

How did you get aggravated assault? What made it aggravated? Doesn't even sound like simple assault. I got aggravated assault back in 1999 for breaking a pool cue over someone's head. I was aggravated, and I assaulted the guy. Me + assault + pool cue = aggravated.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I looked at that sideways too. I've noticed that you can do the dumbest things while operating a multi ton vehicle and get away fairly light. The most he'll suffer for is the DWI. But he'd get that at 5mph or 100mph. What happened to recklessly endangering the safety of the public? Was he not going fast enough? He didn't kill 3 people by T-boning that vehicle makes it ok? Odd.

How did you get aggravated assault? What made it aggravated? Doesn't even sound like simple assault. I got aggravated assault back in 1999 for breaking a pool cue over someone's head. I was aggravated, and I assaulted the guy. Me + assault + pool cue = aggravated.
It is really strange how that works. I thought at first it was in NY so it was the police giving the local team's player a break but the incident occurred in California.

For my case, I never understood the charge other than he told a very different story than what really happened. I joked later that someone else must have smacked him around before our encounter because I never got the chance. Otherwise, I don't know what his injuries would have been.