Giants sign Arrington

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the New York Giants have signed free agent LB LaVar Arrington(Commanders). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Ken

Reaction score
Good signing for them.

Their D is vastly improved and we couldn't do anything on them last year.

Jerry better loosen the purse strings.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Well, the Skins and Giants certainly aren't satisfied with being a bubble team. I guess Bill and Jerry have no problem with it.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the New York Giants have signed free agent LB LaVar Arrington(Commanders). Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

No surprise here.. he wanted to play there.. never been impressed with him anyway..

Jay

Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous. What the hell are we waiting for? WAKE UP!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Well, the Skins and Giants certainly aren't satisfied with being a bubble team. I guess Bill and Jerry have no problem with it.

I am convinced now that Jerry is going to Sign TO. No way he would sit back and watch the foreskins and gnats make these kinds of moves and not do anything to counter them. I also now think that Law may be coming to Dallas as a FS. Just a gut feeling.

superpunk

Reaction score
Ken said:
Good signing for them.

Their D is vastly improved and we couldn't do anything on them last year.

Jerry better loosen the purse strings.

Good signing. VAST improvement? At WLB, yes. Their secondary is still atrocious.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Good signing. VAST improvement? At WLB, yes. Their secondary is still atrocious.

Who cares about their secondary. Our problem was just getting a chance to throw or run the ball.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Say what you want about Arrington ...he is a playmaker. ;)

chachie

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I am convinced now that Jerry is going to Sign TO. No way he would sit back and watch the foreskins and gnats make these kinds of moves and not do anything to counter them. I also now think that Law may be coming to Dallas as a FS. Just a gut feeling.

I am too.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:

You know, Cajun, I have the same feeling. Just a gut feeling, like yours, and who knows, we could be wrong. But I'm feeling it, too.

It's as if we're looking at all the role players this weekend, trying to be the first to pursue them, while other potential suitors are pursuing their top-notch guys. Meanwhile, on Tuesday or Wednesday, in comes our big signing.

Another reason why I think TO is our guy is because Jerry said receiver was a position in need of upgrade, yet all the quality receivers have been scooped up pretty quickly. Are there even any remaining players that might serve as an upgrade over Crayton?

I'll admit I was intrigued by getting Arrington here when he was released. But considering his comments about wanting to stay in the East but not play for us, I'm not surprised he quickly signed elsewhere.

The kicking position is the only spot I'm really worried about right now. Other than that, of the linebackers, linemen, safeties, etc., that I thought we might have had an eye on, most of them are still available.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
JJ spent yesterday in Florida, Caribean Island beach and on way to Mexico.

He has a suntan at the Foshier press conference Tuesday we know N1DC is his plane for sure!

Relax guys - we never intended to sign anyone, no one worth it, we'll get bargains later, teams overpaying. Line the excuses up fence sitters......

Cuz thats what they are - Excuses.

Bang Tango - wake up JJ and pop a purple pill or 2.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cbz40 said:
Say what you want about Arrington ...he is a playmaker. ;)

He is a playmaker! And, oh boy! I would really hate to be a Commander player when they meet up!! ;)

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Well we knew it wouldnt be back to DC or to Dallas.
We also knew Pierce was co-signing for him.

LaVar will be hailed as the second coming of LT again. So be it.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Philly is going to trade or retain TO - Book it.

If thats what we are planning - thats a sad thought process. 33 year old cancer WR - preying he's available......

I'm not buying it.

superpunk

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Who cares about their secondary. Our problem was just getting a chance to throw or run the ball.

In game 2.

With El Gato.

First game we torched em, just had some uncharacteristic fumbling problems.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Nors said:

If thats what we are planning - thats a sad thought process. 33 year old cancer WR - preying he's available......

I'm not buying it.

What about Ty Law....?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I could care less, I knew we'd play him twice a year anyways.

whether thats wearin Maroon,Green, or Blue it's still ugly.

It just proves he doesnt have what it takes to be a "star' (in more then one way)

dstew60105

Reaction score
Nors said:

I'm not buying it.

No way they retain him. Ain't gonna happen.