Twitter: Giants trading for Rams LB Alec Ogletree

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So officially

Skins trade for Alex Smith (rumored to Allen Robinson)

Eagles win super bowl and trade for Bennett

Giants hold the #2 pick and just traded for Ogletree

Is Smith really better than Cousins?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Why is it when teams make a blockbuster trade for a lot of picks, it always seems like they make bad choices with the picks. The same thing happened when the Colts traded Marshall Faulk.

mugsybows

Reaction score
So officially

meanwhile stephen wants to cut dez, franchises lawrence, tenders irving and is putting on his snorkel to go dumpster dive again. exciting times!

Carson

Reaction score
Is Smith really better than Cousins?

No.

But in retrospect they don’t have to pay Kirk and can now be active in free agency and sign Robinson and shorter receiver.

IMO ... Smith, Robinson, another WR >>>> Cousins

Pants

Reaction score
so if I have my math right:

Alex Smith in + Eagles win SB+trade for bennett, + giants picking up LB (erases any coboy potential moves/knocks eraser refuse off the desk), carry the two = We Suck

visionary

Reaction score
so if I have my math right:

Alex Smith in + Eagles win SB+trade for bennett, + giants picking up LB (erases any coboy potential moves/knocks eraser refuse off the desk), carry the two = We Like our guys and it's a process, please continue to stack. Clap, clap

No
See above

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
So officially

The talk here in DC is that Robinson to Skins is a near lock.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only one of the trades any of the other NFC East teams have made that I am confident is an upgrade is Ogletree to the Giants.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I guess Brockers is better than having nothing.....but Rams really screwed up that trade as well. All those pieces with only Brockers to show for it.
Well they also have Bryce Hager from the Zac Stacy trade and who ever they'll get this year from the Ogletree trade. wait. what was my point again?

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Why are the Rams trading so many of their solid defensive guys? Are they in cap trouble? Maybe about to spend on offensive side of ball? Hmmm...
:huh:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Why are the Rams trading so many of their solid defensive guys? Are they in cap trouble? Maybe about to spend on offensive side of ball? Hmmm...
:huh:

A lot of them are guys that just don’t fit in their 3-4. Quinn is a 4-3 DE, Ogletree a 4-3 OLB.

Philly has the opposite problem. Curry is a true 3-4 DE, Kendricks is actually a 3-4 ILB. We could see both of them move soon too.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Aerolithe_Lion said:
A lot of them are guys that just don’t fit in their 3-4. Quinn is a 4-3 DE, Ogletree a 4-3 OLB.

Philly has the opposite problem. Curry is a true 3-4 DE, Kendricks is actually a 3-4 ILB. We could see both of them move soon too.
Oh ok. Thanks, that totally makes sense. After I posted, I googled their cap space. It's a little over 40 million too.

aria

Reaction score
I believe the Giants are switching defenses with their new coordinator. They better hooe so because based on the little reading I did, Ogletree pretty much sucks. According to PFF he was ine of their worst defenders last year but apparently some people blame it on the scheme?

I dunno, I’m not worried about it. They have more than enough other problems to fix for me to be concerned about Ogletree.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So officially

Is Alex Smith an upgrade for the Skins?