Giants Uniform Query at Cowboys

Flamma

Reaction score
We lost this game too in our throwbacks. I saw Barry at Sfuzzi's in Addison two nites before that game....he was standing totally alone up front in the bar area drinking a glass of wine...nobody was bothering him until I had to go say hi and get a autograph....what a nice guy.....he told me that he was waiting for "Billy" to arrive...10 minutes later Billy Sims walked in and they both went in the back to a private area.

I actually remember that game. The Cowboys could not grab Sanders. He won that game by himself. It was so frustrating to watch.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
It's been announced on the Giants site that they are wearing there standard blue jerseys in the thanksgiving day game. How can that be if we are wearing our throwbacks?

Just curious
I haven't been over there to see what their uniforms look like, but I'm sure they're not going to wear the same color.

J12B

Reaction score
It's been announced on the Giants site that they are wearing there standard blue jerseys in the thanksgiving day game. How can that be if we are wearing our throwbacks?

Just curious

They're right.

I have no idea how the players will tell who's on their team or not.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
1. We're definitely wearing the throwbacks on Thanksgiving, the Giants just have their jersey schedule wrong. Probably that used to us always wearing white. We're the home team, we get jersey choice, and the team has already officially announced that we're wearing the navy throwbacks on Thanksgiving. The only way the Giants are wearing blue is if we do some weird light blue vs. navy blue color on color game like we had on Thanksgiving against the LA Chargers like 3 or 4 years ago. I love color vs. color games, just not necessarily two different shades of blue.
2. This year will be the first year that I can ever remember we are wearing navy jerseys in both games against the Giants. The Giants announced they are wearing their white color rush throwbacks against us in the September MNF game which means we'll be in the normal navy jerseys.
3. Some of you guys need to get over the asinine idea of a jersey curse. Why would you want to further handicap your team like that? So we can only wear one jersey ever or else we're going to lose? We actually have a higher winning percentage in navy and the color rush over the past few years than we do in white. We wore navy 4 games last year and only lost the opener to the Bucs. Plus, for the love of God, some variety every so often is welcome when we wear the same uniform 85% of the season.

Majic

Reaction score
1. We're definitely wearing the throwbacks on Thanksgiving, the Giants just have their jersey schedule wrong. Probably that used to us always wearing white. We're the home team, we get jersey choice, and the team has already officially announced that we're wearing the navy throwbacks on Thanksgiving. The only way the Giants are wearing blue is if we do some weird light blue vs. navy blue color on color game like we had on Thanksgiving against the LA Chargers like 3 or 4 years ago. I love color vs. color games, just not necessarily two different shades of blue.
2. This year will be the first year that I can ever remember we are wearing navy jerseys in both games against the Giants. The Giants announced they are wearing their white color rush throwbacks against us in the September MNF game which means we'll be in the normal navy jerseys.
3. Some of you guys need to get over the asinine idea of a jersey curse. Why would you want to further handicap your team like that? So we can only wear one jersey ever or else we're going to lose? We actually have a higher winning percentage in navy and the color rush over the past few years than we do in white. We wore navy 4 games last year and only lost the opener to the Bucs. Plus, for the love of God, some variety every so often is welcome when we wear the same uniform 85% of the season.

Giants website error on jersey schedule was my thinking as well.

I would like to see Navy worn at home for any SNF or MNF games and throwbacks for thanksgiving

Flamma

Reaction score

I think people were just saying that we lose wearing the old blues and throwbacks. Not the color rush, not the current blue uniforms.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I think people were just saying that we lose wearing the old blues and throwbacks. Not the color rush, not the current blue uniforms.
Maybe, I feel like in general every time an alternate jersey other than the home whites is mentioned half of the comments are just people complaining and predicting losses when in reality we have a pretty great winning percentage in alternate jerseys over the past decade. I can't really remember how we did wearing the Thanksgiving throwbacks, it seems like we won most of those games except against Washington in 2012, which was the last year we wore them once the one-shell rule was implemented. I also don't understand people wanting the royal blue jersey, I agree it makes us look like Detroit and to me Cowboys blue will always be navy.