Gibbs looking for 1st round pick

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Im not sure as to why they would give so much to get Campbell, I dont see Gibbs being here THAT much longer.

Seems to me there best shot is making a run at it now while Brunell is halfway decent. I donno, Gibbs is a good coach, and I think he could keep this team good next year, but they do look like they got a grip of problems in terms of the cap.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Bach said:
Were you around when Beathard was your GM? That guy would make all kinds of weird trades. In the mid to late 80's it seemed like the Commanders never had a #1 pick. I recall once he traded a the following year's #1 pick for a current 2nd round pick - but that was after he went to San Diego.

I think he actually did that TWICE in SD. Didn't get anyone worth a damn either time

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc said:
I think he actually did that TWICE in SD. Didn't get anyone worth a damn either time

I remember one was the TE/WR Ricks. Dumb move.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
I would have heart failure is we traded 1+2 next year for a 1st......I don't think that'll happen.......however I do see something like....

2006 2nd + 3rd+ Ramsey for a low first....figuring the WR class is weak we may just dip into the FA market for one and try to grab a decent DE in the 2nd......

We'll most likely stay put because it would hurt us in the future......

LaVar can't leave btw it will cost more than keeping him.....unless a team WANTS to take the hit....lmao

Actually the skins would save $5M this year against the cap, but would take a $7M cap hit in 07.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
I'd trade a first rounder for Samuels, Moss, Portis, or Washington...but I'm sure they aren't thinking of getting rid of any of those guys.

none of them are worth more than a 2nd IMO...

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Nothing would surprise me. Gibbs is known for going years on end without a first rounder.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I thought Lavar had already talked about restructuring his contract. Was that just a rumor?

Nope, Arrington's making noises about wanting to stay with the Skins next year...