Gibbs May Extend Contract

redster

Reaction score
Gibbs hasn't done that bad this year. Yes, he has made some horrible playcalling decisions, but how many players got injured this year? Yet, we are still quite competitive. Do you all seriously believe that you thought we would win 7 games this year after what happened last year? Randy Thomas, Jon Jansen, Sean Taylor, Jason Campbell, Todd Wade(second stringer who replaced Jon Jansen), Carlos Rogers, Rocky Mcintosh are all gone because they got injrued. Also, Santana Moss, Randle El and a few other players missed a few games because of injury. We should be a 4-12 team based on injuries alone. Even after Sean Taylor passed away, Gibbs has managed to keep the team unified. I sure hope he is extended, because as I see it, he really knows how to draft quality players(we haven't had first round bust for ages now, and have found many late round gems). Plus, Dan Snyder needs to start thinking longterm and learn from Gibbs and other experienced people.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
lcharles;1843369 said:
I don't get it, the skins never sniffed the playoffs til Gibbs came back and now you guys want him to stay.

Sorry but I want him gone.:bang2:

My fear is that he will do for the skins what Tuna did for us, set them up to win for a long time then retire and watch another coach reap the benefits of his hard work. :eek:
Gibbs isn't a good coach. He doesn't open up the offense, plays not to lose and at times, he is befuddled. His best days are over, he is a very ineffective HC.

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1843411 said:
Gibbs isn't a good coach. He doesn't open up the offense, plays not to lose and at times, he is befuddled. His best days are over, he is a very ineffective HC.

Sorry man, but I am one Cowboy fan that has a great deal of respect for Hall Of Fame coaches. He didn't suddenly get dumb just because he came back. Granted, I do think the way the NFL game has changed caught Gibbs off guard when he came back, and he has had some struggles, but as one poster pointed out, the skins have been decimated by injuries and then the Taylor tragedy-YET Gibbs still has them playing for something with two games left.

I detest Gibbs and the skins but I also recognize he's not as bad as everyone here thinks he is.:rolleyes:

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
That's would be the dumbest thing those two dopes could do.

Nice to know old Joe will be sticking around a while. :skins:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
lcharles;1843529 said:
I detest Gibbs and the skins but I also recognize he's not as bad as everyone here thinks he is.:rolleyes:

he has a sub .500 coaching record since he's been back

you keep your respect, I'll look at reality

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
I just hope we can beat him in a couple of weeks. Say what you want, but that won't be an easy task , imo.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
This is fantastic news for us. Its on the same level as someone just giving us an extra first round pick.

Gibbs is THAT bad. In fact, he's foul, incompetant, and just plain stupid.

I say give him a 10 year contract.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
redster;1843404 said:
Gibbs hasn't done that bad this year. Yes, he has made some horrible playcalling decisions, but ...

You misunderstand us; we're happy for you guys. :D

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
lcharles;1843529 said:
Sorry man, but I am one Cowboy fan that has a great deal of respect for Hall Of Fame coaches. He didn't suddenly get dumb just because he came back. Granted, I do think the way the NFL game has changed caught Gibbs off guard when he came back, and he has had some struggles, but as one poster pointed out, the skins have been decimated by injuries and then the Taylor tragedy-YET Gibbs still has them playing for something with two games left.

:D I'm sorry, I didn't hear you talk: I was busy calling two time outs in a row. Come on, ;) even the Fox crew was making fun of Gibbs. Terrible Clock management. Bad play calling like Parcells. I guess I'd blame the building an old team on Snyder.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
redster;1843404 said:
I sure hope he is extended, because as I see it, he really knows how to draft quality players(we haven't had first round bust for ages now,
You've had very limited 1st round picks for ages. It's hard to have a draft bust when you trade away your draft picks.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
My theory. Snyder knows Cowher is serious about not coaching in 2008 and will go after him in 2009 without Gibbs looking like a lame duck coach.

kmd24

Reaction score
The good news is that Gibbs is the leading candidate for Washington's head coaching position in 2008.

The bad news is, Gibbs holds leads like an incontinent octogenarian holds urine.