Gibbs to relinquish play-calling duties to embrace more of a CEO/GM mentality

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Commanders | Gibbs to relinquish play-calling duties
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 10:30:26 -0800

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports for the first time in Washington Commanders head coach Joe Gibbs' career he will turn over play-calling duties to someone else. New offensive coordinator Al Saunders will take over those duties for the 2006 season. Team sources say Gibbs will embrace more of a CEO/GM mentality and turn his attention even more to the personnel side.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Commanders | Gibbs to relinquish play-calling duties

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports for the first time in Washington Commanders head coach Joe Gibbs' career he will turn over play-calling duties to someone else. New offensive coordinator Al Saunders will take over those duties for the 2006 season. Team sources say Gibbs will embrace more of a CEO/GM mentality and turn his attention even more to the personnel side.

...two coordinators worth $10 mill per year, you better believe they should be given free reign.

If Gibbs can't trust those guys, then Snyder has thrown his money away. The real issue for this situation is whether all three personalitites can make this work.

More than once the league has seen all star coordinators take over a side of the team and have those guys more loyal to the coordinator than the coach. Probably the worst case of that was Buddy Ryan.

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
Ha ha!!

I told ya'lls Snyder's meddlin ways was gonna ruins the Skins and here it comes out less than a week since he force Gibbs to get Saunders!

Aint no ways Gibbs is giving up play calls option after doing it for 50 years solid!! No ways at all!! Snyder done made Gibbs into a stooge the first chance he done got to screw him in the pork rind whole!!

Ha ha!! skins going into full on center ring circus mode like they did when they signed up Bruce Smith Deion and Jeff George while Norv Turrners didn't not want nothing to do with them.

What's the over under on fist fights in the coaches locker room?

Ha Ha!! Skins is in complete disray!! Chaos over there in Deadskin Park!!

I loves it!! I loves it!!

Deadskins done official gone back to the sideshow and laughinstocks of the league!!

HA HA HA!!!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Team sources say Gibbs will embrace more of a CEO/GM mentality and turn his attention even more to the personnel side.

Desmond Howard

yeah, go for it GIbbs! :lmao2:

Reaction score
The real question will be how Saunders handles things without Solari... Washington's OL is not as good as KC's...

ghst187

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Commanders | Gibbs to relinquish nuts

ESPN.com's Chris Mortensen reports for the first time in Washington Commanders head coach Joe Gibbs' career he will turn over his nuts to someone else. New offensive coordinator Al Saunders will take over those duties for the 2006 season. Team sources say Gibbs will embrace more of a whiny, crybaby mentality and turn his attention even more to the officiating.

....:eek:

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
#1skins fan said:
Just curious to see how this gets spun.

well...there the answer to your question.......ppl here still think Snyder is in charge......:confused: naturally they try to see the bad side of this but this is my team so I see it as an upgrade.....Turnovers may go up but aggressive play calling is up too......I see this as an improvement because Gibbs is setting them up to win on their own.....I figure 1 season like this and by 2007 they'll be clicking.....No way that much coaching talent can't agree and work together....this isn't a group of kids...these are old ppl....they have the morals to get the job done......besides...if he had the rep as a "powertrip OC" he prolly woulda never been interviewed.......

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
StonetheCrow77 said:
The real question will be how Saunders handles things without Solari... Washington's OL is not as good as KC's...

Our o-line might not be as good as KC, but, we have all of the tools. Joe Bugel is one of the best o-line coaches out there, along with solari. After having most of the season to gel, our o-line really started to come on towards the end of the year(before randy thomas went down). If Dockery decides not to leave, our o-line shouldn't be a liability, and I dont think saunders will have a problem transitioning from the KC line to ours.

JohnnY

Reaction score
leotisbrown said:
Ha ha!!

I told ya'lls Snyder's meddlin ways was gonna ruins the Skins and here it comes out less than a week since he force Gibbs to get Saunders!

Aint no ways Gibbs is giving up play calls option after doing it for 50 years solid!! No ways at all!! Snyder done made Gibbs into a stooge the first chance he done got to screw him in the pork rind whole!!

Ha ha!! skins going into full on center ring circus mode like they did when they signed up Bruce Smith Deion and Jeff George while Norv Turrners didn't not want nothing to do with them.

What's the over under on fist fights in the coaches locker room?

Ha Ha!! Skins is in complete disray!! Chaos over there in Deadskin Park!!

I loves it!! I loves it!!

Deadskins done official gone back to the sideshow and laughinstocks of the league!!

HA HA HA!!!

Gibbs is setting this franchise up for the future, not just next year. He knows what he is doing. How are you going to second guess a guy who won 3 Superbowls, then leaves to NASCAR and creates a very succesful NASCAR racing team. This guy is a born leader.

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
JohnnY said:
Gibbs is setting this franchise up for the future, not just next year. He knows what he is doing. How are you going to second guess a guy who won 3 Superbowls, then leaves to NASCAR and creates a very succesful NASCAR racing team. This guy is a born leader.

Me no have to answers direct to lowly Deadskins fan!!

Go back to licking Arts pee nuts on Extreme we got no damns advices for your types nor times for lisening up to your gobbldyggok fast talk stuff.

And for the record Gibbs done only really won 1 superbowl and he was luck to do thats. The others don't count with they asterix on em for the strikes seasons on the officials record book.

As for Born Leader? He can lead his tung up my hinde parts for alls I cares and you can tag along for gooder measurs!!!

OWNT!!!

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
leotisbrown......you really don't believe that bs do you?

Aye Rilly thenk yew knead spelchek bi thuh whey......

JohnnY

Reaction score
leotisbrown said:
Me no have to answers direct to lowly Deadskins fan!!

Go back to licking Arts pee nuts on Extreme we got no damns advices for your types nor times for lisening up to your gobbldyggok fast talk stuff.

And for the record Gibbs done only really won 1 superbowl and he was luck to do thats. The others don't count with they asterix on em for the strikes seasons on the officials record book.

As for Born Leader? He can lead his tung up my hinde parts for alls I cares and you can tag along for gooder measurs!!!

OWNT!!!

Here is something to help you translate in the future.

http://www.joel.net/EBONICS/translator.asp

Now I know why I am a 'Skins fan.

Btw, ROFL. 14-13 & 35-7.

BroGreg

Reaction score
All Gibbs is doing is setting up to leave in case no Strike Season comes from no agreement.

An agreement has been made so Gibbs can't win another strike bowl, so look for him to exit at the end of the upcoming season which will not be bright like so many think.

Can't touch this! :lombardi: