Gimme mock

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
• 1st Round: No. 24 -- C Jackson Powers-Johnson/alt. C Graham Barton (If we get a shot at the top center prospect in the draft, we should take it)
• 2nd Round: No. 56 -- RB Trey Benson/alt. MarShawn Lloyd (fixing RB is one of our top needs, so putting if off until later is a risk)
• 3rd Round: No. 88 -- DT McKinley Jackson/ alt. DT DeWayne Carter (big-bodied lineman to give us some help against the run)
• 5th Round: No. 173 -- OL C.J. Hanson
• 6th Round: No. 216 -- CB Elijah Jones
• 7th Round: No. 234 -- LB Tyrice Knight
• 7th Round: No. 245 -- DE Jevontae Jean-Baptiste

cnuball21

Reaction score
Good players…very needs based though so imagine we’re passing on better talent in every round.

Sydla

Reaction score
I could live with this but I just have problems with a RB in the 2nd. Granted, as you said, we have nothing right now so we may have to do something like that.

Which again highlights the stupidity of the Jones. They could have added a quality veteran TB, for a decent short term contract, and then been able to come back with a RB in the 3rd or later and use their two premium picks elsewhere.

I will never, ever understand their thinking on roster building. It's downright bizarre.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Good players…very needs based though so imagine we’re passing on better talent in every round.
All the players I selected are slated to go around where we pick, depending on what list you've used. Some have Powers-Johnson listed earlier than 24, Benson earlier than 56 and Jackson earlier than 88, while others don't ... which is why I listed alternate picks. Since the later-round guys are all ranked around where we are selecting, I would expect some higher-ranked players to have fallen to where we pick. I didn't want to pick a third-round-ranked or fourth-round-ranked player in the fifth, though, since I don't think it is realistic to just expect certain players to drop.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I could live with this but I just have problems with a RB in the 2nd. Granted, as you said, we have nothing right now so we may have to do something like that.

Which again highlights the stupidity of the Jones. They could have added a quality veteran TB, for a decent short term contract, and then been able to come back with a RB in the 3rd or later and use their two premium picks elsewhere.

I will never, ever understand their thinking on roster building. It's downright bizarre.
I would have loved to have another early pick to use on a WR since I don't trust what we have beyond our top two, but didn't feel like I could roll the dice at our top positions of need. Might could grab a later-round one to at least add more competition to the mix.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
• 1st Round: No. 24 -- C Jackson Powers-Johnson/alt. C Graham Barton (If we get a shot at the top center prospect in the draft, we should take it)
• 2nd Round: No. 56 -- RB Trey Benson/alt. MarShawn Lloyd (fixing RB is one of our top needs, so putting if off until later is a risk)
• 3rd Round: No. 88 -- DT McKinley Jackson/ alt. DT DeWayne Carter (big-bodied lineman to give us some help against the run)
• 5th Round: No. 173 -- OL C.J. Hanson
• 6th Round: No. 216 -- CB Elijah Jones
• 7th Round: No. 234 -- LB Tyrice Knight
• 7th Round: No. 245 -- DE Jevontae Jean-Baptiste
I can live with this but we all how they prefer flex OLinemen. For that reason, I think honestly media/fans are way higher on JPJ than the FO. I also think there's a good chance he won't make it to 24 (a couple of other teams need starting Centers ). Just me, but I see them taking of the 2/3 top tackles who can play either inside or outside. I agree that 56 will likely be RB but I don't they will pass on Brooks. See Benson as Alt....88 could go center but for some reason, they have had a lot visits with TEs.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I can live with this but we all how they prefer flex OLinemen. For that reason, I think honestly media/fans are way higher on JPJ than the FO. I also think there's a good chance he won't make it to 24 (a couple of other teams need starting Centers ). Just me, but I see them taking of the 2/3 top tackles who can play either inside or outside. I agree that 56 will likely be RB but I don't they will pass on Brooks. See Benson as Alt....88 could go center but for some reason, they have had a lot visits with TEs.
That's why I think it might be Barton. His ability to play T, C, G better fits our profile. I also agree on Brooks and think they are liable to take him believing that he's a bargain because he'd go higher if healthy. And I agree that they could wait longer on center because this is a deep class and they feel they can find good value. But the deeper you go in a class, the more hit and miss it is. Yes, you can find good value, but there are those that believe we can just hit on all our picks, and that's not reality.

cnuball21

Reaction score
All the players I selected are slated to go around where we pick, depending on what list you've used. Some have Powers-Johnson listed earlier than 24, Benson earlier than 56 and Jackson earlier than 88, while others don't ... which is why I listed alternate picks. Since the later-round guys are all ranked around where we are selecting, I would expect some higher-ranked players to have fallen to where we pick. I didn't want to pick a third-round-ranked or fourth-round-ranked player in the fifth, though, since I don't think it is realistic to just expect certain players to drop.
Maybe, but I’m more interested in maximizing talent and getting the best talent possible each round.

For example - who are we passing on in round 1?

gimmesix

Reaction score
Maybe, but I’m more interested in maximizing talent and getting the best talent possible each round.

For example - who are we passing on in round 1?
Have no idea. I think it's impossible to do a mock draft based around that. It would be:

1st - Best player who falls
2nd - Best player who falls
3rd- Best player who falls
Etc.

Kind of kills the idea of doing a mock.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
When you don’t do a thing in FA, you end up drafting for need. And they can’t get it all. All I know is this team has to be able to run the football efficientl. And they have to be able to hold up against the run. I’m most concerned about what this team will be defensively. The DL needs serious work.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Have no idea. I think it's impossible to do a mock draft based around that. It would be:

1st - Best player who falls
2nd - Best player who falls
3rd- Best player who falls
Etc.

Kind of kills the idea of doing a mock.
That’s why I like the mocks that actually show which players were available in each round as it creates better discussion than just saying we’re going to draft for need 3 picks in a row.

gimmesix

Reaction score
That’s why I like the mocks that actually show which players were available in each round as it creates better discussion than just saying we’re going to draft for need 3 picks in a row.
Fair enough. I'm not going to put that much work into it, though, to figure out who every other team is going to take. I know they have draft simulators, but I'm not that interested in those, and don't feel they are particularly accurate.

Aven8

Reaction score

We used a 2nd on a blocking TE last year. At least get some production out of that pick.

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
The latest chatter is JPJ falling to the end of the 1st/early 2nd. Barton and Frazier are rising. Both lines need fixing. I would have no problem with leaving RB/WR/DB until after the 3rd round. We need to address the O-Line and front 7 with the first three picks unless someone falls drastically. Sometimes an obvious gap in talent level cannot be ignored, regardless of need.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The latest chatter is JPJ falling to the end of the 1st/early 2nd. Barton and Frazier are rising. Both lines need fixing. I would have no problem with leaving RB/WR/DB until after the 3rd round. We need to address the O-Line and front 7 with the first three picks unless someone falls drastically. Sometimes an obvious gap in talent level cannot be ignored, regardless of need.
I've seen some predicting that Barton will go before our pick and JPJ near the end of the first round. Frankly, I'd just take JPJ if he gets to us.