Give Dak his extension vs sitting out free agency

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I hate to say this but we can't have it both ways. Many, if not most posters have been begging Jerry not to extend Dak. Let's eat his massive cap and make him earn his extension. Well, that's all good but how many of the same posters complain about the lack of activity from the FO so far?

I'm not trying to be negative or Debbie downer but how can we do both???????

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I hate to say this but we can't have it both ways. Many, if not most posters have been begging Jerry not to extend Dak. Let's eat his massive cap and make him earn his extension. Well, that's all good but how many of the same posters complain about the lack of activity from the FO so far?

It’s a fair take. Far too many here talk out of both sides of their mouth. Loved Quinn, then hated him, teams a Super Bowl contender to the team sucks, ownership and management are jokes-yet trust them to rebuild.

It’s funny to see

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
We cant or at least shouldn't do both. I think the Cowboys are basically punting on 2024 at this point. Either be all in or all out, cant play the middle here.

Pretty much this. If you’re gonna extend dak and believe in him then do the proper extensions, restructures and cuts that will make the room necessary to improve the team. They were already behind teams and need to make moves just to close the distance

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

Doing his deal frees up money so we don't have to complain

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm not complaining. This is the way. Eat his cap hit this year. Rebuild 2025. Bring it on.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Pretty much this. If you’re gonna extend dak and believe in him then do the proper extensions, restructures and cuts that will make the room necessary to improve the team. They were already behind teams and need to make moves just to close the distance
Bingo. If they want to bring back Dak, get it done already and get him some help. If they are ready to move on just rip the band aid already. Only bad move Jerry could make here is sitting out free agency only to extend Dak to a monster deal in August. Nobody wins in that situation.

Have a goal in mind and work towards it, but for the love of god dont try to play both sides of this thing.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The thing is the cowboys can. They just have tricked you into thinking they can’t.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Bingo. If they want to bring back Dak, get it done already and get him some help. If they are ready to move on just rip the band aid already. Only bad move Jerry could make here is sitting out free agency only to extend Dak to a monster deal in August. Nobody wins in that situation.

Have a goal in mind and work towards it, but for the love of god dont try to play both sides of this thing.

I haven’t really been there until this point as I do think they’ve brought stability to the franchise but now that the team is good you need to take the full measures approach to get over the hump.

I don’t think winning 12 games a year every year is nothing but it’s not everything - starting to feel like the front office is just way too complacent with that. Mind you, this is day 1 of the off season lol so I’ll see what happens

Shannon1

Reaction score

They can still get 60 million without ext Dak so don’t use that as an excuse!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They can still get 60 million without ext Dak so don’t use that as an excuse!
How????? Even with $60M who do you think would have signed today??? Brandon Carr is the last big-time free agent Jerry signed over 12 years ago. They DO NOT spend top ( hell even mid-level) money free agents other than their own. I am not saying I agree, but it shouldn't surprise anyone with what we see from them.