Give Dak his extension vs sitting out free agency

plymkr

Reaction score
I hate to say this but we can't have it both ways. Many, if not most posters have been begging Jerry not to extend Dak. Let's eat his massive cap and make him earn his extension. Well, that's all good but how many of the same posters complain about the lack of activity from the FO so far?

I'm not trying to be negative or Debbie downer but how can we do both???????
We can’t. I personally would rather sit out FA and get Dak off the books. So IMO we are doing good if we purge this team of bad contracts for mediocre players that don’t perform in the playoffs. Clear the books on the salary cap and rebuild is what I want.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I hate to say this but we can't have it both ways. Many, if not most posters have been begging Jerry not to extend Dak. Let's eat his massive cap and make him earn his extension. Well, that's all good but how many of the same posters complain about the lack of activity from the FO so far?

I'm not trying to be negative or Debbie downer but how can we do both???????
So what's Dak asking for? If he doesn't concede to a long term extension then the CAP hits, with the deferments, would mean the 'saving' on the existing $59m wouldn't make that much of a difference.....even if you tried to backload it, the short length would mean 2025 would be astronomical.

That's what makes me laugh when players shout about paying Dak his money.....well fine, but elite FA's want paying too.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
They can still get 60 million without ext Dak so don’t use that as an excuse!
They could, but what happens in 2025? What happens with the CeeDee and Dak wanting to get paid....along with the elite FA we sign. It may be that at last the Jones' want to see and evaluate what's on the field before paying.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
What’s gonna suck for all sides is when they do nothing and still extend dak….lol

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That’s exactly his point- don’t complain about the lack of moves if you also want them to let dak walk
And my point is they are still gonna have a lack of moves and then sign Mr Playoffs to a long term deal.

Section446

Reaction score
Whatever it takes to have Dak out of here, even if it means (essentially) throwing in 2024.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
And my point is they are still gonna have a lack of moves and then sign Mr Playoffs to a long term deal.
I get the feeling Dak wants to hit free agency again in three/four years and that's the killer as $60m with the owed deferred bonus payments means we just cant compete. Id bet the Jones wants the long term, at least they could kick that can....

zekecowboy

Reaction score
We cant or at least shouldn't do both. I think the Cowboys are basically punting on 2024 at this point. Either be all in or all out, cant play the middle here.
I am beginning to think Jerry meant "ALL IN ON REBUILDING"