Give it up for the OLine!!!

Cas2800

Reaction score
Three weeks in a row they have done great. Davis was ahuge upgrade.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Cas2800;1665280 said:
Three weeks in a row they have done great. Davis was ahuge upgrade.

they're not perfect but no OL is - by and large they're playing very well.

what was a weakness is now doing well and i think a much more mobile qb is helping us all.

Cas2800

Reaction score
If they give Romo the time he will pick apart any defense.

brucem78

Benched
Reaction score
Marc Colombo played another really good game. We will have to lock him up soon.

wmaxima97

Reaction score
Our O-Line looked great tonight. Especially against a very tough Bears-D. Give them the props they deserve.

yesfan

Reaction score
brucem78;1665334 said:

No doubt.I really like this guy.He locks in on guys and tosses them
around like rag dolls.This kid is quietly making a name for himself.

tunahelper

Reaction score
The Oline is strong and athletic.

Only if Flo will get the penalties under control?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
The interior unit is suffocating teams...Columbo and Flo (outside of the penalties) have been very good....what else can you ask for?? This is the closest we have come to duplicating the line of the early nineties!!

Taz

Reaction score
there were alot of plays that romo was getting pressure and I kept saying one of these times they are going to gt romo and force a fumble.. well they didn't but htey got that sac on him.. Romo cleaned up alot of oline mistakes.. but oline did seem to dominate.

newlander

Reaction score
I thought we signed Columbo to a 2 or 3 year deal in the offseason? Glad we did: he graded out highest tonight IMO.

Cas2800

Reaction score
Looks to me like the line is over powering defenses and the Defenses are wearing down in the second half.

THe bears did put some pressure on Romo but they also blitzed a hell of alot too. The oline held their own.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I love their pass blocking.

I wish they would run block better and get into the second level better, but I am still hoping that will improve, too.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I thought they actually played poorly at times. They were blitzing the ever-living daylight out of us, but we never seemed to be able to pick it up. I'd have to look more closely, but if not for Tony Romo's athleticism, we would have had a ton of sacks.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
theogt;1665892 said:
I thought they actually played poorly at times. They were blitzing the ever-living daylight out of us, but we never seemed to be able to pick it up. I'd have to look more closely, but if not for Tony Romo's athleticism, we would have had a ton of sacks.

Considering the defense we played, I expected that to a point. There were a couple of poor pickups on EXCELLENT scheme blitzes, but Romo bailed them on those. But that would happen against any team, so the fact that we rose above was fine.

I still say our run blocking is kind of weak sauce, and I don't know how much I trust sparano as a competent OL coach, but I'm willing to wait and see.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
brucem78;1665334 said:

Great night for Columbo... the Bears gave up on him...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Crown Royal;1665927 said:
Considering the defense we played, I expected that to a point. There were a couple of poor pickups on EXCELLENT scheme blitzes, but Romo bailed them on those. But that would happen against any team, so the fact that we rose above was fine.
That's probably a fair assessment. I'm just going by memory. You have to give the Bears defense credit. They were really good. Better than I expected. Romo is just god-like.