Give it up Jerry

pastordug

Reaction score
After watching another meltdown and listening to the Monday morning QB's it is time for Cowboy Nation to face the fact: As long as Jerry Jones holds on the power we will experience days such as yesterday many more times. It is highly unlikely we will EVER see the likes of another Coach like Johnson. Not sure why JJ is having such a difficult time giving up his power trip? Does he not trust Garrett? Callahan? Lane? If not why are they there? Is it because they do what he says? This is a SAD day for BIG D since the D now stands for DYSFUNTIONAL.....

johnnygt

Reaction score
I know this has been said a 1000 times. Jerry needs football people like jimmy, bill and whoever else will listen, to know he can build and win a super bowl. I don't think it has anything to do with trust of current/past coaches. That is just my thought I could be way wrong though.

newlander

Reaction score
After watching another meltdown and listening to the Monday morning QB's it is time for Cowboy Nation to face the fact: As long as Jerry Jones holds on the power we will experience days such as yesterday many more times. It is highly unlikely we will EVER see the likes of another Coach like Johnson. Not sure why JJ is having such a difficult time giving up his power trip? Does he not trust Garrett? Callahan? Lane? If not why are they there? Is it because they do what he says? This is a SAD day for BIG D since the D now stands for DYSFUNTIONAL.....

DYSFUNTIONAL.............spell check, but yeah we all know he sucks balls. I've gone from frustrated in the early 2000's to mad a few years ago to depressed. It's sad and a shame he has to do this and the fact NO one is around to check him is even worse. EVERY high level business has checks and balances but not JJ and the Cowboys and that is the issue. He's run amok and run this organization right into an iceberg. Damn him.

Eddie

Reaction score
DYSFUNTIONAL.............spell check, but yeah we all know he sucks balls. I've gone from frustrated in the early 2000's to mad a few years ago to depressed. It's sad and a shame he has to do this and the fact NO one is around to check him is even worse. EVERY high level business has checks and balances but not JJ and the Cowboys and that is the issue. He's run amok and run this organization right into an iceberg. Damn him.

I'm indifferent. That's worse than any of those emotions.

Smith22

Reaction score
He needs to step down from his GM role. JG and Kiffin need to go as well.

Eddie

Reaction score
I think the entire front office needs a change.

Jerry and his entire family need to step back. Get a new GM who will hire the HC who will hire his own assistants.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I agree. As much as I think Romo is a choker, he isn't nearly as big a problem as Jerry is. I don't even know if Garrett would be as horrendous a coach if he was on any other team. I think it's impossible for a coach to look good in Dallas because they're having to let Jerry live his dream of being a football guy. An owner should have no more influence on football decisions than a fan. We need a whole new coaching staff on every side of the field, but we also need a GM and an understanding that Jerry will just sit back and watch. I think Romo could be successful on a short leash. He can't be trusted to have the amount of freedom that Peyton or Brady has, but he can be successful if he's babied. I still want to part ways with him sooner rather than later.

Derinyar

Reaction score
The job of the owner of a sports team is about three things.
1) market his team. Jerry is one of the best in sports about doing this. In fact the league probably owes him across the board for the amounts of money flowing into the game right now.
2) hire/fire the GM at the right time. Jerry fails at this one because he doesn't see himself as part of the problem. He probably never should have been the GM of the team.
3) set the teams budget. This is the least important in the NFL because of the hard cap and the hard floor. Jerry basically says go to the cap every year.

Basically Jerry is an excellent finical owner. As far as everything else goes he's terrible.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

33003269.jpg

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
As long as Jerry has that mirror to hold him accountable, and he can look in it and know he did his very best, he will keep trying.

Nothing is changing.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
To the JJ apologists: Are you happy with him? We still should blindly support him?

To the Cowboys fans: Take a break - don't come to the games. Take your frustration to social media. Let the sports media finally report a loss of fan support for the Cowboys. This is not necessarily to walk away forever...sometimes you have to get tough with the things you love. Over a decade ago, when JJ was concerned no town would help him build his billion-dollar stadium, he mostly (but not completely) left things alone by hiring Bill Parcells and bringing a few winning seasons. That indicates JJ does respond to fan pressure and loss of revenue.

So stop enabling JJ - as long as you come to games after they choke time and again, you support mediocrity - the antithesis of what was America's Team. Paying JJ is endorsing performance like yesterday's game - period. This is the only thing that has not been tried. Isn't he committed contractually to play at Cowboys Stadium for the next 30 years? i.e. he can't move.

While historically a chance JJ will respond to fan pressure, it's also possible he could dig his heals and end his days like the late Al Davis did...if he insists on punishing himself, so be it. If he chooses to do it "My Way" in the face of fierce fan pressure, his son will take note.

It should already be obvious - the only way JJ has ruined this team is fans come to see the games regardless. Stop going, and at some point - may be a long time, this will stop.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Romo and Witten both yelling at Garrett on the sideline yesterday. Garrett has been castrated by his go/owner and his players he has zero control and it's Jerry's fault.

Thought this needed to be said a little louder. :)

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
This is about as embarrassing a situation as any NFL franchise has ever had. Yeah, I know they still have a shot at the playoffs (cue Jim Mora) but what difference would that make? And where is the hope that every other NFL franchise has of getting better? Tell me that.