Give me 5

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I ask all the happy fans and Kool-aid drinkers to give me 5 good things that have happened to the team since July when we signed Dez.

They come into every thread talking about "all is well" and the whiners are out of control. Well I like to think we are realists.

Any criticism is met with an army of angry Jerry Birds pecking at your eyes. I had the audacity to think the Heath contract was an overpay for a STs guy and I got benched for it. Cut Gachkar or Wilcox and knives are drawn. We get it you guys are super fans and there is nothing wrong in Jerryland that can't be solved by next year's draft and Benson Mayowa.

I will give you my two things. Help me out.

1- Getting the 4th pick
2- Signing Thornton and letting Hayden walk.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Cant consider this one yet, but if by NOT spending big in FA at least allows us to sign all our OL to second contracts (I know Tyron is already set), thatd be great.....let's at least protect what we have invested in so dearly over the last 5 years....

DFWJC

Reaction score
Getting Romo back for upcoming season
Getting Dez back
Getting Scandrick back
McFadden surprising us with 1000+ yards in 11-12 starts
Byron Jones looking promising as a rookie
L Collins looking promo get as a rookie steal

I trying, at least

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You were benched for directly calling two of your fellow CZ posters "morons." And you're coming dangerously close to questioning moderation here again, @bkight13. Don't let this become a thing for you, and don't intentionally mischaracterize how the staff here enforces the forum's guidelines.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Cant consider this one yet, but if by NOT spending big in FA at least allows us to sign all our OL to second contracts (I know Tyron is already set), thatd be great.....let's at least protect what we have invested in so dearly over the last 5 years....

I don't consider sitting out of FA for years so we can sign OL to 10m a year contracts in a few seasons is a good thing.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
You were benched for directly calling two of your fellow CZ posters "morons." And you're coming dangerously close to questioning moderation here again, @bkight13. Don't let this become a thing for you, and don't intentionally mischaracterize how the staff here enforces the forum's guidelines.

This thread is for whining and complaining about the bad luck we have had the last year.

I didn't see your 5 good things.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Getting Dez back
Getting Scandrick back

I trying, at least

It seems the whole winter has been surgeries and suspensions.......I guess them coming back can be considered a positive.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread is for whining and complaining about the bad luck we have had the last year.

I didn't see your 5 good things.

I don't often participate in the rant threads as it's not my style. But we do still have the responsibility to moderate them.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I don't often participate in the rant threads as it's not my style. But we do still have the responsibility to moderate them.

Just trying to catch you on the 'Likes' board.

Different strokes.......

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
If you start the clock at last July, that takes away the "getting back people" (Romo, Dez, Scandrick) was negeted by losing them.

Have to go with not overpaying for he Olivier Vernons of the world (though not happy about the Casey Haywerd misses either)

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I thought Chip Kelly and Tom Coughlin getting fired was a positive but now I'm not so sure

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I don't consider sitting out of FA for years so we can sign OL to 10m a year contracts in a few seasons is a good thing.

If we can have the best, or at least top 5 OL for the next 10-15 years, thats a great thing actually......

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Getting Dez back
Getting Scandrick back

I trying, at least

Didn't sign Manziel.
Didn't trade draft picks away, either to move up or to get a player.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
1. We figured out that the backup qbs we had on the roster couldn't function in the system.
2. Jack Crawford is a nice rotational guy w some promise.
3. Terrence Williams is not worth a second contract
4. Pretty much anyone can get yards behind this O line. - it's that good
5. Value of Frisco property around the new practice facility went up! Yay
6. Cowboys are the number one valued sports franchise in the world! Go cowboys!
7. Byron Jones isn't a bust, he can play
8. Scandrick is coming back
9. The Cowboys foam Cowboys hat is still $11.00 which is an outstanding value
10. Oh, McFadden made it through the year so we know he's capable. Esp with Morris in the rotation

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I ask all the happy fans and Kool-aid drinkers to give me 5 good things that have happened to the team since July when we signed Dez.

They come into every thread talking about "all is well" and the whiners are out of control. Well I like to think we are realists.

Any criticism is met with an army of angry Jerry Birds pecking at your eyes. I had the audacity to think the Heath contract was an overpay for a STs guy and I got benched for it. Cut Gachkar or Wilcox and knives are drawn. We get it you guys are super fans and there is nothing wrong in Jerryland that can't be solved by next year's draft and Benson Mayowa.

I will give you my two things. Help me out.

1- Getting the 4th pick
2- Signing Thornton and letting Hayden walk.

Thought call out threads were not allowed?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here you are ..
number-5.jpg