Give me a reason why YOU think Garrett is the answer at head coach?

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Because he seems very green to me. He has been outcoached a LOT lately. Just because Jerry pays him a lot of money and thinks he is "the smartest man in the room" That does not mean he is the head coach this team needs. Right now Wade does not NEED to be looking over his shoulder. Right now Garret needs to figure out how to make the no name WRs we have on this team more productive. There are teams LEAGUE wide who find ways to be productive without a talent like TO. The fact that we have TO on this team should make Garrets job easier. Especially after last year when he showed the inability to construct an offense when TO got hurt.

What I am trying to say is Garrett needs to do his curent job better....not be rewarded with the head coaching position in Dallas for a job NOT well done!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Nope I hope we bring someone else in Garrett is failing as an OC in his 2nd year.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2334691 said:
One word...smart. Just like Landry.

Landry didn't have Freckles like Garrett and Garrett does not wear a fedora.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
He kinda reminds me of Gruden.

Which is not a bad thing imo.

alancdc

Reaction score
Rampage;2334696 said:
smart people run the ball atleast 10 times a game.

Certainly, on 3rd and 1 smart people don't roll the QB out and have him throw a 20 yard sideline pattern.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I actually don't know that I want Jason as the HC here. I'm not sold on him yet, honestly.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
When Cowboys fans start saying Garrett Sucks than you know we have, without a doubt, the most dumb fan base in all of professional sports.

By a mile.

We will throw anyone under the bus after a bad game or 2 regardless of their track record.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
I don't know if Garrett would be a great coach, but let's look at some numbers here:

Third best Offense in the league in yards and scoring (behind the #1 scoring team by .5 points per game). Does he try to get too aggressive sometimes? Yes, but offensive production is not the problem with this team.

Dallas outgained Arizona and had the Time-of-Possession by six minutes. That just doesn't sound like being outcoached. Two special teams gaffes and this game is won by Dallas against a very good Arizona team. Why did Wade get booted from Buffalo? He refused to fire his special teams coach. Pattern anyone?

dre1614

Reaction score
Rampage;2334696 said:
smart people run the ball atleast 10 times a game.

smart people also know the difference between Scandrick and Stanback........

dre1614

Reaction score
alancdc;2334721 said:
Certainly, on 3rd and 1 smart people don't roll the QB out and have him throw a 20 yard sideline pattern.

that was actually a good play call. Romo is at his best throwing on the run, and down the sidelines.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I love aggression. I hope Garrett keeps the pedal to the metal. I just want to see that on defense, for a change, so if it ain't Garrett my pick would be Spagnuolo.

ddh33

Reaction score
I think Garrett will be a fine head coach. I think Wade is a better coach than most do though.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
ddh33;2334806 said:
I think Garrett will be a fine head coach. I think Wade is a better coach than most do though.

Wade is a great coach when all is going well.

But at some point he has to not have such a ho-hum attitude.

The players look to Wade and Romo. The coach and the Quarterback.

Both guys have been very nonchalant with their body language. This team feeds off both of those guys body language.

Romo has been playing great. But he is a leader and he has to realise when hes in the corner sulking his team see's that. His approach sets the tempo more than anyones.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
CATCH17;2334736 said:
When Cowboys fans start saying Garrett Sucks than you know we have, without a doubt, the most dumb fan base in all of professional sports.

By a mile.

We will throw anyone under the bus after a bad game or 2 regardless of their track record.

What track record....... he has no track record to become head coach, to me he's an alright OC, jury is still out on him.. As of now I would vote no, as of now.