Give Props To Kosier And The O-line...

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425133 said:
I agree. I was upset with Flo on the penalties but overall I thought he as well as the line played very good and when we needed to put the skins away the line dominated one of the top run defense in the league.

:bow:

dfense

Reaction score
I watched Kosier stand his guy up on passing downs andhold him there several times.

They actually spelled Kosier a few times and his replacement (71) couldn't maintain his block like Kosier could. His guy almost crushed Romo on one play.

No comparison.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2425142 said:
Nice post! They also didn't want to try a field-goal because of the whirling-winds.

Did you see how short the Commander FG was on that 46 yarder? There was a lot more wind than what we may have been seeing on TV.

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425155 said:
Did you see how short the Commander FG was on that 46 yarder? There was a lot more wind than what we may have been seeing on TV.

I did! It looked like it was shoot right out of the air!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2425160 said:
I did! It looked like it was shoot right out of the air!

No kidding, when the ball left I thought the kick was good and all of a sudden it dropped straight down

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425155 said:

The wind was awful.

I think it was worse in the direction that Bennett caught his Touchdown on.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;2425171 said:
The wind was awful.

I think it was worse in the direction that Bennett caught his Touchdown on.

From what they said it was a swirling wind so that could have been the case. Romo did say on the post game show that he was very happy with his throw to Bennett, saying he put the ball exactly where he wanted given the coverage and expected Bennett to adjust to the ball as Witten does

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425169 said:
No kidding, when the ball left I thought the kick was good and all of a sudden it dropped straight down

On a normal day, Suisam(spelling) would probably make it!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2425209 said:
On a normal day, Suisam(spelling) would probably make it!

No doubt the ball looked perfect when it left his foot and I know he has the leg to hit a 46 yarder with no problem as far as lenght goes

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I was telling a buddy last night that as much as it meant to have Romo and Newman back last night (And man was Newman great) that you simply can't say enough about how much Kyle means to that O-Line. He's quietly possibly the most consistent, and best, O-Lineman we have whose name isn't Bigg.

superpunk

Reaction score
Was Romo even knocked down once?

Major props to the Oline, and to Romo's maneuverability last night. He makes them better than they are, it's a mutually beneficial relationship when they're all on.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk;2425220 said:
Was Romo even knocked down once?

Major props to the Oline, and to Romo's maneuverability last night. He makes them better than they are, it's a mutually beneficial relationship when they're all on.

I agree. What impressed the most though was how the O-line took the last drive and shoved the ball down the skins throat. Skins came into the game as one of the top run stopping teams and yet Dallas pounded them until the end.

links18

Reaction score
Kosier? Oh he of the first half drive killing penalty, Kosier? Yeah, he played well for his first game back, but the offensive line performance was far from extraordinary. Still much room for improvement.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
links18;2425239 said:
Kosier? Oh he of the first half drive killing penalty, Kosier? Yeah, he played well for his first game back, but the offensive line performance was far from extraordinary. Still much room for improvement.

We had 5 penalties on the night. We still have room to improve but overall 5 penalties for 40 yards I can live with that.

links18

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425247 said:
We had 5 penalties on the night. We still have room to improve but overall 5 penalties for 40 yards I can live with that.

We had 2 drive killing penalties wiping out huge gains for 1st downs and 2 Turnovers in scoring position. In reality, the game wasn't as close as the final score and we should have beaten them soundly. However, penalties and untimely TOs were still a huge problem last night. Not to mention kick-off coverage. We still have a ways to go yet.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
links18;2425261 said:
We had 2 drive killing penalties wiping out huge gains for 1st downs and 2 Turnovers in scoring position. In reality, the game wasn't as close as the final score and we should have beaten them soundly. However, penalties and untimely TOs were still a huge problem last night. Not to mention kick-off coverage. We still have a ways to go yet.

I know what we had and as I said I was not thrilled with the penalties that killed the drive we had going. Illegal formation on one call and false start on the next back to back after Austin had made a nice play to get the 1st down. I'm not saying improvment is not needed but I will reconize improvement when I see it. We did not have 11 flags as we have in many games now tell me is 5 an improvement over 11 or 12? As for the turnover Romo was not as accurate as he can be but is playing with a broken finger. This team needs to always strive to get better and improve but I'm not going to throw out all the positive they showed lastnight

links18

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2425285 said:
I know what we had and as I said I was not thrilled with the penalties that killed the drive we had going. Illegal formation on one call and false start on the next back to back after Austin had made a nice play to get the 1st down. I'm not saying improvment is not needed but I will reconize improvement when I see it. We did not have 11 flags as we have in many games now tell me is 5 an improvement over 11 or 12? As for the turnover Romo was not as accurate as he can be but is playing with a broken finger. This team needs to always strive to get better and improve but I'm not going to throw out all the positive they showed lastnight

Nobody is throwing out all the positives. It was a nice game plan. Very well designed by Garrett and we were actually able to run the ball when it counted. Well done. Romo was rusty and we still had some bad penalties, but yes this was a much improved effort.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what the Cowboys are looking for from the offensive line

7:49 AM Mon, Nov 17, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

The Cowboys' offensive line has been much maligned this season. For good reason. A unit that features three Pro Bowlers had badly underachieved since a 3-0 start.

A group that is expected to wear down opponents was whupped in the Cowboys' four losses. The quintet got revenge against the Commanders, finishing Washington off with six minutes, 40 seconds of smashmouth satisfaction.

The Cowboys, clinging to a four-point lead, got the ball a bit after the midway point of the fourth quarter. The line knew at that point that the knockout punch would be delivered on that drive.

"We knew that we were either going to run the clock out," RG Leonard Davis said, "or we were going to go down there and score on them."

The plan at that point was simple: Pound away with Marion Barber, who got the ball on every play (10 runs, one reception) until Tony Romo took a knee twice.

"That's what an offensive line is supposed to do," C Andre Gurode said. "We take pride in that."

For the first time since pounding the Packers into submission, an offensive line expected to be among the league's elite turned in a performance they could be proud of.

Comments (17) Leave comment | E-mail entry

aikemirv

Reaction score
links18;2425239 said:

Kosier's holding penalty happens almost every play of any game. I am not bashing him for that one at all.