Giving in And Joining the GROZ Movement

ravidubey

Reaction score
Bonehead mistakes on defense, endless PI calls, a lack of turning and looking for the ball, giving up endless big plays at the worst possible time, no physical identity, a lack of leadership, the "contain" mentality... We've been plagued for years and years (pre Parcells) with this and the one constant through it all has been Mike Zimmer.

Roy has his coach-killing moments, but why not unleash DeMarcus Ware or get the stunts and twists going that everyone else does? Because the team makes mistakes in the standard set, we don't even try? Why is Kevin Burnett buried in the depth chart and not spelling our starters more frequently? What's with the endless and vanilla two-deep zone scheme without mixing in man-coverage when you have a guy like Terence Newman?

Coaches must trust players to make plays.

I've resisted the GROZ movement until now but I am tired of seeing our defense go into game after game with one hand seemingly tied behind our collective backs. Sign me up!

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
ravidubey;1148196 said:
Bonehead mistakes on defense, endless PI calls, a lack of turning and looking for the ball, giving up endless big plays at the worst possible time, no physical identity, a lack of leadership, the "contain" mentality... We've been plagued for years and years (pre Parcells) with this and the one constant through it all has been Mike Zimmer.

Roy has his coach-killing moments, but why not unleash DeMarcus Ware or get the stunts and twists going that everyone else does? Because the team makes mistakes in the standard set, we don't even try? Why is Kevin Burnett buried in the depth chart and not spelling our starters more frequently? What's with the endless and vanilla two-deep zone scheme without mixing in man-coverage when you have a guy like Terence Newman?

Coaches must trust players to make plays.

I've resisted the GROZ movement until now but I am tired of seeing our defense go into game after game with one hand seemingly tied behind our collective backs. Sign me up!

I cant stand Zimmer either, but I really think this stale and predictable defense falls squarely on the shoulders of Parcells.

We need alot more innovation and taking more chances on defense.

- Mike G.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I've been contemplating this as well...

Anyone give me details on fees, requirements... etc?

Earlier today in another thread I said that:

I was willing to give Zim a chance, but he has brought his personality of bend don't break to the 3-4. The 3-4... a supposed aggressive and attacking scheme and we are sitting back on our heels letting teams come to us. Units typically take on the personality of their coach. In our case, this isn't a good thing. Zim has GOT to go.

heavyg

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1148207 said:
Welcome aboard

Hey I have been on board with this for a while. I have even branched out trying to recruite from some other boards

GROZ!!!! :bang2:

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
If I don't get overwhelmed with being the president of the Cowboys zone Tony Romo fan club, I want in on GROZ movement.....................

Kalyan

Reaction score
Welcome aboard

BTW, who is our secondary coach again? Can we add him as package deal along with Zimmer?

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
ykc;1148244 said:
Welcome aboard

BTW, who is our secondary coach again? Can we add him as package deal along with Zimmer?
I agree with you.

Todd Bowles needs to go. It's a shame that we can bring back our old secondary coach. I remember Williams not sucking nearly as much in coverage when he was here.

Bull Frog

Reaction score
Instead of starting a new GROZ thread I thought I'd continue this one.

Seven years of No pressure

There have been several threads regarding a poor secondary, bad blitzes and a mediocre defense. This has been the case since Mike Zimmer took over as defensive coordinator in 2000. So I ask, what is the common denominator? It’s Mike Zimmer. As a closet GROZ member going public I did some research.

The most sacks by one of his defenses was last year at 37 which ranked 14th in the league. This defense is on a pace for 36. Before Parcell’s arrived the most sacks by one of his defenses was 26. The defenses he's coordinated rank as follows in the sack department:

2000- T-29th
2001- 30th
2002- 31st
2003- T-21st
2004- 26th
2005- 14th
2006- 16th

This year the defense is on a pace for 16 interceptions which will be the 2nd highest ever in his tenure. The bottom line is this guy does not know how to use his players. His system is a black hole for pass rushers and pressure. It’s time for everyone to join the GROZ movement.