RELEASED Glazer: Garrett Officially Gone

Hayseed

Reaction score
In all my years of watching football, and believe you me, thats a LONG TIME,....I have never seen a head coach bring so much disgrace upon himself while going thru the firing process. Now does THIS look like a leader of men to ANYONE? Someone who doesnt even have enuff personal dignity to simply leave when told you arent wanted anymore and instead chooses to take advantage of long time freindships to stay and beg and gravel a few more days? WOW! Unreal.

See what I mean? The guys nuts. Nobody does that.

EJK24

Reaction score
garrett.gif

Any chance Garrett was chasing Jerry down the hall today begging for his last chance and got this very shame shove?

Valkyr

Reaction score
Rotoworld bringing the pain

The Jones family unsurprisingly waited until Philadelphia's Wild Card game to steal headlines. Whatever the case, it's (officially) the end of an era for Garrett, whose decade-long reign of terror finally comes to a close. Dallas’ mantra for the longest time had been ‘nothing changes because nothing changes,’ and while that still may be the case moving forward, the organization will undergo a much needed facelift and insert themselves into the head coaching market for the first time since 2010. ‘The Clapper’ was afforded numerous opportunities and handed endless resources but fell short of the postseason in six of his nine seasons at the head of the table, inarguably warranting an uninspiring label as the most risk-averse coach in the entire league. Garrett has already been linked to the Giants, so perhaps he'll still be shown clapping on network television in 2020. The Cowboys have shown interest in Marvin Lewis, Mike McCarthy, and Mike Zimmer, among others.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
In all my years of watching football, and believe you me, thats a LONG TIME,....I have never seen a head coach bring so much disgrace upon himself while going thru the firing process. Now does THIS look like a leader of men to ANYONE? Someone who doesnt even have enuff personal dignity to simply leave when told you arent wanted anymore and instead chooses to take advantage of long time freindships to stay and beg and gravel a few more days? WOW! Unreal.

Well,stated and not setting himself up as a class act to hire as your HC